Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 70.3 % :thumbsup: 4.6 % 😯 0.6 % :grinning: 15.4 % 🧥 0.6 % 🙏 1.1 % 😟 2.9 % :cry: 2.9 % :shit: 1.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:07 pm
Ireland's revised treaty submission was to reassure anti-abortion and anti-NATO membership campaigners that the EU would not impinge on national sovereignty in those areas. So Corbyn probably hadn't even read it and just rambles on autopilot and nicking lines from Farage.
Detail is for the suits. He just noticed Sinn Fein were against and it seemed to tie in with something Tony Benn told him.

Given that the Lisbon Treaty passed, I assume a "European empire" is already with us?
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
My partner is a qualified geophysicist. She knows a bit about this.

What he's failing to take into account is the cost of surveying and extraction. The gulf of Mexico is a) fucking deep, b) prone to hurricanes, and c) geologically unstable - Haiti, anyone? Compare to the North Sea, which in oceanographic terms, is a puddle.

It's the reason why we're not tapping the Falklands field. Besides, in that case where are you going to build your refinery? Certainly not in downtown Stanley. Clue - it rhymes with Marge and Tina.

Onto the fossil fuel bit - yes, oil is being constantly formed, but at geologically slow rates. So yes, while alternative energy sources should be cultivated, you can't put everything on hold until they are. "The West" would like nothing better than to have a reliable source of energy outside of unstable countries, but we all want things we can't have. As for the realpolitik, that's the way things are, and I suspect that if Jezza ever gets into Downing street, on day one he'll have some serious people explain this to him.
youngian liked this

By bluebellnutter
Those conspiracies might ring truer if they could agree on who's keeping the secret from who. Some say the Scottish Government know but not the British (i.e. "Ha, we'll show them then pay them to dance for us!") and some the British Government know but not the Scottish ("Those English bastards are only in it for our oil!").

By bluebellnutter
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:59 pm
I'd only seen the version where the UK gov know.
That is more common TBH. Could easily be people picking that one up who've twisted it to sound cleverer (with a conspiracy theory? Surely not!) or just getting confused what with them being bell-ends.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Yeah. I mean the main argument against Scottish independence is that, as things stand, it'll make Scotland poorer. Makes no sense for Yessers not to announce and oil field which would help with that.

In other news, or non news, why isn't Jez or anyone else really going to town on getting Greg Clark to resign for saying he hadn't bribed Nissan? Even the anti-Jez media love this sort of thing, and it was both blatant and very central to the debate about Brexit.
By Andy McDandy
You don't call your kid that and send him down the comp. Nor do you expect him to navigate public school without having to avoid a kicking or two. So he becomes, out of necessity, a public school shit stirrer. A Hammond.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

If we do get a free trade agreement could I push[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Whoopee. Dickhead's moved on to Game of Thrones qu[…]

Sajid Javid

"I don't want to turn you over to the mob ou[…]

Labour, Generally.

Where would Labour be now in the polls if they fol[…]