Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 68.4 % :thumbsup: 3.9 % 😯 0.5 % :grinning: 17.5 % 🧥 1.9 % 🙏 1.5 % 😟 2.4 % :cry: 2.4 % :shit: 1.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Clearly this is all part of his supreme master strategy and you mere plebs don't understand the 8D chess game he's currently playing and winning.

That's how this works, eh Winegums?

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
I can only conclude he doesn't really want power because he's more comfortable in permanent protest mode, or wants to end up in power by the same 'happy accident' route he got the party leadership. No decisions, no leading, therefore no responsibility. Or at least that's what he assumes in the latter case - but his abdication of responsibility is as much a conscious decision as Blair's push for war (and when this is finally all over, I suspect will be viewed with as much derision as an equally harmful act of selfishness and broken ideology)
lord_kobel, oboogie liked this

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
As ever, it’s true on a technicality but blatantly not true from the point of view of the spirit of supporting a people’s vote, and the alleged policy of the party he allegedly leads.

A bit like how he technically says he’s a lifelong campaigner against bigotry and aggresssion, but in spirit he’s a hell of a lot less bothered in some cases than others.

By Abernathy
Can't remember who said it, and I think it was eferring to Attlee, but it applies to Corbyn more approriately than it ever did to him :

"An empty taxi cab pulled up, and the leader of the opposition got out."
Timbo liked this
By Andy McDandy
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:16 pm
As ever, it’s true on a technicality but blatantly not true from the point of view of the spirit of supporting a people’s vote, and the alleged policy of the party he allegedly leads.

A bit like how he technically says he’s a lifelong campaigner against bigotry and aggresssion, but in spirit he’s a hell of a lot less bothered in some cases than others.
A bit like a teacher cracking down on bullying by saying you're all as bad as each other.

By Boiler
Abernathy wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:46 pm
Can't remember who said it, and I think it was eferring to Attlee, but it applies to Corbyn more approriately than it ever did to him :

"An empty taxi cab pulled up, and the leader of the opposition got out."
Leonard Lyons, apparently.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/04/30/empty-taxi/

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
Labour ditching support for a 2nd referendum, because sure - with Brexit in its death throes and a real chance of a government collapse, why not go against the wishes of your party and your own agreed policy within a week of finally saying you’d support it in favour of yet more unicorns?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 21896.html

‘Spokesman for Jeremy Corbyn’ strikes again.
Meanwhile in Australia

Well there is at least one bit of good news to com[…]

Nigel Farage

Laughable excuse for being too scared to get off[…]

I did wonder, but it meant that two posts had been[…]

Corbyn already got punched by someone holding an e[…]