Page 775 of 812

Re: Jeremy Corbyn.

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:43 pm
by crabcakes_windermere
Here’s something Corbyn will enjoy a lot less than fawning slop - being called out on his bullshit revisionist history with a ton of facts



God, how petty and small do you have to be to try and erase the success of your own party from the record just because you can’t bear it that they did it without being of the same ideology as you?

Re: Jeremy Corbyn.

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:59 pm
by davidjay
YeahbutIraq.

Re: Jeremy Corbyn.

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:59 am
by spoonman
#topical #simpsonsmemes
1552108897_compress65.jpg
1552108897_compress65.jpg (20.71 KiB) Viewed 563 times
1552108900_compress93.jpg
1552108900_compress93.jpg (20.33 KiB) Viewed 563 times

Re: Jeremy Corbyn.

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:19 pm
by Winegums
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:43 pm
Here’s something Corbyn will enjoy a lot less than fawning slop - being called out on his bullshit revisionist history with a ton of facts



God, how petty and small do you have to be to try and erase the success of your own party from the record just because you can’t bear it that they did it without being of the same ideology as you?
Nah Blair was bad chief.

And everyone who says "butiraq" can kinda fuck off? Like how much of a psychopath do you have to be to hand wave the death of a million people?

Re: Jeremy Corbyn.

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:07 pm
by crabcakes_windermere
I don’t disagree Blair *himself* was bad. I disagree with the current petty, small-minded incumbent (a) being so bitter as to reduce 3 terms of Labour govt. down to ‘Blair’, which is extraordinarily rude, dismissive and ignorant of the work that hundreds of people did over more than a decade, and the huge improvements that were made because of that work, and (b) the sheer gall of him now adopting Tory bullet points and revisionist history about the causes of GLOBAL austerity being down to UK Labour just to have a pop at a rival.

Get back to us when he’s done something other than push for the same key policy of the Tories while trashing his own side’s most recent, tangible achievements - ones that people remember and ones that would be excellent examples of what a Labour government can do as opposed to Tory cruelty. Whining that other people’s good work is worthless seemingly for the sole reason he didn’t endorse it - when many of those same people still work for you - is a really shitty look for a ‘leader’.

Re: Jeremy Corbyn.

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:11 pm
by visage
So are we no longer considering the Tories to be to blame or austerity? It was all Blairs fault?

Thats an interesting strategy.

Re: Jeremy Corbyn.

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:39 pm
by randomelement
OK, but you can't admit anything that the Blair government did anything that was good, which it did. But even if he did one beneficial to the nation that's one more than Corbyn.

ETA, ninja'd by Crabcakes who put it a lot better.

Re: Jeremy Corbyn.

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:00 am
by lord_kobel
Winegums wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:19 pm
Nah Blair was bad chief.
Ok, so how many hundreds of thousands of people in this country would you rather see dead then?

Re: Jeremy Corbyn.

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:20 pm
by bluebellnutter
Winegums wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:19 pm
And everyone who says "butiraq" can kinda fuck off? Like how much of a psychopath do you have to be to hand wave the death of a million people?
Dunno. You're the one who wants Hard Brexit. You tell us?

Re: Jeremy Corbyn.

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:08 am
by Winegums
I don't want a hard brexit. Please stop misrepresenting my position

Re: Jeremy Corbyn.

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:09 am
by crabcakes_windermere
Winegums wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:08 am
I don't want a hard brexit. Please stop misrepresenting my position
This is like saying you don't support NHS cuts, austerity and bigotry but will vote Conservative anyway.

You threw in your lot with Corbyn, and this is what he's selling. There's no jobs first brexit, no Norway-like better deal to be had with what he wants to keep off the table - just the Tory offer or no deal. Own it or change your mind, but you don't get to crow on about the absolute boy and then say you don't want his biggest (and stupidest, and least popular) policy decision.

Re: Jeremy Corbyn.

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:23 am
by Winegums
Is there a soft brexit?

Re: Jeremy Corbyn.

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:50 am
by bluebellnutter
Winegums wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:08 am
I don't want a hard brexit. Please stop misrepresenting my position
You support Jeremy Corbyn's Brexit position. That is Hard Brexit.

The only one misrepresenting anything is you.

Re: Jeremy Corbyn.

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:04 pm
by Winegums
Jeremy Corbyn has not advocated for hard brexit though?

Is this why you guys hate him so much? Like do you just not get his schtick?

Re: Jeremy Corbyn.

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:44 pm
by lord_kobel
His "schtick" being to push through the tories ideas, you mean?