Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 63.8 % ❤ 1.5 % :thumbsup: 4.1 % 😯 0.7 % :grinning: 20.7 % 🧥 1.5 % 🙏 2.2 % 😟 1.8 % :cry: 2.2 % :shit: 1.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:16 pm
If only Kier had stood for leader in 2015.
I suspect he would have finished well behind Burnham and Cooper. He'd only been an MP for a few weeks at that stage.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
He'd have lost like the others. The three quidders would have backed Corbyn over anyone in that election. The real shame is it was Corbyn and not one of the semi-capable left-wingers.
Timbo liked this

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
It’s perfectly clear. Corbyn supports a people’s vote in the form of a GE he won’t get unless he can form a government without a GE, which won’t happen, in which case he’ll negotiate a new Brexit deal even though the negotiations are closed and he has the same red lines as May did so even if they weren’t it’d be the same anyway, which he won’t ask the people to approve. But failing that he’ll definitely support a people’s vote with options to appeal to leavers and remainers, but not explicitly ‘leave’ or ‘remain’ because if you say leave or remain then you can’t put forward some crappy deal to actually leave as the remain option. Unless he’s forced to put remain as an option, which he doesn’t want to do as he wants to appeal to both sides but actually leave, thus only ‘appealing’ to one side who don’t want the version of leave he’s offering anyway.

I honestly can’t understand why the public found the message hard to understand. :roll:
Abernathy, Zuriblue, Malcolm Armsteen and 5 others liked this

By Zuriblue
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:12 am
It’s perfectly clear. Corbyn supports a people’s vote in the form of a GE he won’t get unless he can form a government without a GE, which won’t happen, in which case he’ll negotiate a new Brexit deal even though the negotiations are closed and he has the same red lines as May did so even if they weren’t it’d be the same anyway, which he won’t ask the people to approve. But failing that he’ll definitely support a people’s vote with options to appeal to leavers and remainers, but not explicitly ‘leave’ or ‘remain’ because if you say leave or remain then you can’t put forward some crappy deal to actually leave as the remain option. Unless he’s forced to put remain as an option, which he doesn’t want to do as he wants to appeal to both sides but actually leave, thus only ‘appealing’ to one side who don’t want the version of leave he’s offering anyway.

I honestly can’t understand why the public found the message hard to understand. :roll:

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
:D I was just reaching for the Soap theme as well. A clearer description of Corbyn's position you will not find.
thus only ‘appealing’ to one side who don’t want the version of leave he’s offering anyway.

Even if they did the chances of Leave voters giving a beardy lefty CNDer from Islington the keys to No 10 are still zero.

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:50 am
Andy McDandy wrote:
He'd have lost like the others. The three quidders would have backed Corbyn over anyone in that election. The real shame is it was Corbyn and not one of the semi-capable left-wingers.
Corbyn won without the new members brought in under changes by Ed Milliband. He simply won overall. I know it's hard to understand, but centrist politics aren't actually inspiring.

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:12 am

Various leaders in Europe have said that they won't allow extension without 2nd ref or GE. We aren't going to pass a deal with parliamentary arithmetic as it stands. Nobody will let parliament bail out with NDB. We're heading to a GE or a 2nd ref either way.

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
Winegums wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:12 pm
Various leaders in Europe have said that they won't allow extension without 2nd ref or GE. We aren't going to pass a deal with parliamentary arithmetic as it stands. Nobody will let parliament bail out with NDB. We're heading to a GE or a 2nd ref either way.
Well yes, I know that - but that wasn't *my* position. Have you thought about telling Jeremy, perhaps?
Labour, Generally.

A Jewish Voice for Labour genius speaks. https://[…]

And on they go... Prince William and Kate go[…]

The Tories, Generally

The nasty party strikes again. Tory treasurer […]

The Sun

Boris has an opportunity. Let’s hope the re[…]