Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 64.4 % ❤ 0.4 % :thumbsup: 4.3 % 😯 0.8 % :grinning: 20.6 % 🧥 1.6 % 🙏 2.4 % 😟 2 % :cry: 2 % :shit: 1.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Oblomov wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:46 pm
What sort of medical professional has this much free time and energy to pour into point scoring and chasing petty grievances on a niche internet forum in between 18 hour double shifts?
A bogus one. Which is what he is.
Oblomov, oboogie liked this

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
Winegums wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:37 pm
Literally dropped an n-bomb. Literally. This isn't "liked a fb post of a mural which might be seen as anti-semitic" or "appeared on a panel alongside someone who's said some questionable things in the past".

You even said you were "uncomfortable about it". You know it's bad, but you're so tribal and spineless you don't have the nuts to take people to task over it.

I call Jess Phillips a centrist melt though and whoah, you won't shut the fuck up about misogyny (b/c actual defense of her as a professional or MP is pretty tough).

The fucking state of liberals :lol: :lol:
As I explained, I'm uncomfortable about it - but it's obviously not an ongoing pattern of misogynistic behaviour LIKE YOURS IS, or an ongoing pattern of defending repeat behaviour from multiple individuals with clear intent to ignore/excuse bigotry LIKE YOU DO, and have done again even in that post. (I put the important bits in capitals for you).

From the context it's plain what was intended, down to someone giving the correct term a few posts on. And as I said, I would assume that if it continued or the mods had an issue they'd address it, and if it carried on I'd report it myself, but if you had a concern this is something more at this point you should report it.

So, as it hasn't carried on, unless you expect everyone to freak out on demand about a single misused term when everyone got the intent and there's no history of problematic language from the poster, what else exactly do you expect non-moderators to do?

As it is, I assume you haven't reported it, and further you're exclusively bringing it up repeatedly to try and score points in the forum with public posts. So the only conclusion is you couldn't give two shits really because you know it's nothing, and are just attempting to keep it rumbling on to try and embarrass people or maybe even distract from your own fuckwittery. It's pretty fucking transparent - especially given the fucking vast benefit of the doubt you extend to people like Chris Williamson.

So yeah, do something about it if it's a problem for you and you think you've got evidence that it's something other than the occam's razor of the wrong slang term for white people who attempt to appropriate black culture being used. Or don't. I'm not fussed.
oboogie liked this
By Andy McDandy
I think back to after Trump's election and "Mikey Mikey" showing his true colours. Not so much angry af the results, but crowing over us losers backing Hillary Clinton. That was it - he wasn't interested in discussing the issues or what the Democrats should have done better. It was a simple case of we were wrong, and he, by virtue of his opposition to us, was the winner.

I think that's what we've got here. Shitman has chosen a side and that's now his team. If we're wrong, he by default wins. If we slip up, he wins. He doesn't give a damn about the issue, he just wants to win. And that is the behaviour of a cunt.

And yeah, his sense of humour. Rather Trumpian.
Timbo, Oblomov liked this

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Tell yer what. The more these twats carry on like this, the less likely it is this particular (un)civil servant will bother voting for their Party.

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that "coalition baggage" doesn't matter - the LDs are the only Party left worth voting for, at least 'round here.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Cyclist wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:08 pm
Tell yer what. The more these twats carry on like this, the less likely it is this particular (un)civil servant will bother voting for their Party.

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that "coalition baggage" doesn't matter - the LDs are the only Party left worth voting for, at least 'round here.
The Lib Dems are going a bit much for Cameron Tories for my liking at the moment, but they get a lot of credit for not saying "the establishment" all the time and don't think that a ballot of party members delivers the answer to everything.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
And when you launch an inquiry (into a leak, as it usually is) there's generally a number of people who know about the secret. What on earth would an inquiry into this minor affair look like? The Permanent Secretary running around asking everybody if they'd spoken to The Times or seen anybody in the pub talking a bit loudly?

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:17 pm

As I explained, I'm uncomfortable about it - but it's obviously not an ongoing pattern of misogynistic behaviour LIKE YOURS IS.
Seriously fuck off with this dumb as fuck take. Thinking Jess Phillips is shit isn't an ongoing pattern of misogyny. She's just one arsehole who happens to be a woman and this desperate attempt to protect her from criticism by accusing me of misogyny is pathetic. I persistently criticise her because she's a gobshite who constantly sticks her head above the parapet to suck up to Tories, promote herself, or shit on the left.
From the context it's plain what was intended, down to someone giving the correct term a few posts on. And as I said, I would assume that if it continued or the mods had an issue they'd address it, and if it carried on I'd report it myself, but if you had a concern this is something more at this point you should report it.

So, as it hasn't carried on, unless you expect everyone to freak out on demand about a single misused term when everyone got the intent and there's no history of problematic language from the poster, what else exactly do you expect non-moderators to do?
"It's okay he used the n-word, because he actually should've used a different word".

By davidjay
If someone I spent time with, either virtually or in real life, kept telling me I was talking shit I'd think they had a problem. If everybody told me, I think I'd start to wonder if the problem was me. I certainly wouldn't want to spend much time with them.

And if someone repeatedly showed that they had more time for Trump than Hillary Clinton, or for Farage than a whole raft of Labour MPs, and one in particular (another women, now there's a surprise), I'd certainly tell them to fuck off for being a snivelling apologist for fascism.
oboogie liked this

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
Winegums wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:42 pm
Seriously fuck off with this dumb as fuck take.
Ha! No mate. I'll carry on calling out misogyny where I see it, thanks. You don't like it? maybe take a look at your 'focus'.

"It's okay he used the n-word, because he actually should've used a different word".
Yes, because that has *exactly* the same meaning as "it's not OK he used the n-word, but I know what was intended and from the person's other posts I have a fair grasp of their character, so I can accept it was a genuine mistake". :roll:

Regardless, if you have a different take have you reported it yet then?
oboogie liked this

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:28 pm
Cyclist wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:08 pm

The Lib Dems are going a bit much for Cameron Tories for my liking at the moment, but they get a lot of credit for not saying "the establishment" all the time and don't think that a ballot of party members delivers the answer to everything.
While Pigfucker Dave Tories are indeed a bunch of scum-sucking pissweasels, when you hear that my MP is none other than Nadine Bloody Dorries you'll understand where I'm coming from. Especially when both Labour and Tories took a kicking in the Council elections and the Euros, while the LDs made gains, I want to vote for someone who isn't connected to an anti-Semitic Magic Gwanpa Brexit cult.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
Boris Johnson

Sounds like it's going well. https://twitter.com/[…]

Momentum

Thread: https://twitter.com/jaredomaramp/status/11[…]

Not sure where else to put this https://twitter[…]

The LibDems, generally

Sarah Olney is going for RIchmond again.