Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 60.7 % ❤ 1.4 % :thumbsup: 6.2 % 😯 2.7 % :grinning: 21.6 % 🧥 0.8 % 🙏 2.5 % 😟 1.2 % :cry: 2.1 % :shit: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Keir Starmer's statement yesterday evening:
I know that this has been another painful day for the Jewish community and those Labour members who have fought so hard to tackle antisemitism.
I know the hurt that has been caused and the trauma people have felt.
Jeremy Corbyn's statement in response to the EHRC report was wrong and completely distracted from a report that identified unlawful conduct in our tackling of racism within the Labour Party. This should shame us all.
I will not allow a focus on one individual to prevent us from doing the vital work of tackling antisemitism.
When I stood as leader of the Labour Party, I was clear that my first priority would be to root out antisemitism. It still is.
I know we have a long way to go, but I am absolutely resolute in my determination to make the Labour Party a safe place for Jewish people.
I stand by the commitments I made last month to accept the findings and the recommendations of the EHRC’s report in full.
That must mean establishing an independent complaints process as soon as possible in the New Year.
This is my commitment and my promise to our party, the Jewish community and the British people.
oboogie liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Keir Starmer's statement yesterday evening

I’m concluding and hoping from that statement that Starmer’s up for an inevitable fight. There’s too much hysterical wobbling going on just because an event hasn’t gone the leader’s way. Glad it hasn’t, it tests his metal early on in the parliamentary cycle rather than later.
oboogie liked this

By youngian
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:01 am
I agree with this 100%

Len is the only one sounding contrite in victory and he’s being passive-aggressive. Corbyn has no intention of playing for the party and keeping his mouth shut in the future. Fuck ‘em, what’s the worst that will happen; a Burgon leadership challenge?

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
youngian wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:33 am
Keir Starmer's statement yesterday evening

I’m concluding and hoping from that statement that Starmer’s up for an inevitable fight. There’s too much hysterical wobbling going on just because an event hasn’t gone the leader’s way. Glad it hasn’t, it tests his metal early on in the parliamentary cycle rather than later.
Starmer fillets A. C DeP. J. on a weekly basis at PMQs.
He can handle the Magic Grandpa with his other hand.

More worrying is the impression that Magic Grandpa's acolytes are still here, and actively spoiling for a fight.

A protracted battle on two fronts will be damaging.
By visage
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The leftist shitposters have spent the last 24 hours crowing over how they beaten Starmer etc.

Now they're all complaining that Starmer doesnt want unity.

I genuinely dont know if they're lacking in self awareness or just think people wont notice.
oboogie, Timbo liked this

By youngian
visage wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:53 am
The leftist shitposters have spent the last 24 hours crowing over how they beaten Starmer etc.

Now they're all complaining that Starmer doesnt want unity.

I genuinely dont know if they're lacking in self awareness or just think people wont notice.
Corbyn ‘has snapped the olive branch’ handed to him, according to Kerry-Anne Canary. Digging up Japanese Knotweed more like.
Timbo liked this

By Oblomov
youngian wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:56 am
It would be a tougher fight on two fronts if Starmer did nothing
Bit fucking rich of him to complain about not getting answers when his boss hasn't answered anything at PMQs for almost months now.

By Cyclist
Pob might have a bit more luck obtaining answers if he addressed his questions to the right person.

There ain't nobody here called Kier :roll:
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:54 pm
Jez fans still think they've got Starmer on procedure.
They got him on the fact the NEC is still the old one, mistake by Starmer not to think about this, then again it was the quickest disciplinary in history, expect a few more to be rushed through before an independent procedure comes in.

They lost grip of the NEC fully last week, I can’t see the NEC budging to will of the Pidcock now, after what they’ve done this week.
"Boris" Johnson

I missed this earlier. https://twitter.com/ZoeJar[…]

Matthew Goodwin

https://twitter.com/drjennings/status/135198743633[…]

Priti Patel

https://twitter.com/henrymance/status/135197873623[…]

The Biden Presidency.

When you March alongside Nazi flags to raid a gov[…]