Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 59.8 % ❤ 1.5 % :thumbsup: 6.3 % 😯 2.7 % :grinning: 22.1 % 🧥 0.8 % 🙏 2.5 % 😟 1.3 % :cry: 2.1 % :shit: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Keir Starmer's latest:
A proper leader wrote:Since I was elected Labour leader, I have made it my mission to root out antisemitism from the Labour Party.
I know that I will be judged on my actions, not my words.
The disciplinary process does not have the confidence of the Jewish community. That became clear once again yesterday.
It is the task of my leadership to fix what I have inherited. That is what I am resolute in doing and I have asked for an independent process to be established as soon as possible.
I’m the Leader of the Labour Party, but I’m also the Leader of the Parliamentary Labour Party.
Jeremy Corbyn’s actions in response to the EHRC report undermined and set back our work in restoring trust and confidence in the Labour Party’s ability to tackle antisemitism.
In those circumstances, I have taken the decision not to restore the whip to Jeremy Corbyn. I will keep this situation under review.
The thing that pisses me off is the self-absorbed futility of it. Corbyn is *not* coming back as leader. He left of his own free will after losing an election with everyone in key positions being his choice and a shit ton of goodwill. All he needed to do was to not say "it was all made up to get at me, because I'm the important one here" and he couldn't do it, even with advance warning of what was going to happen and why. He didn't need to admit blame, he just needed to not make it about him and disregard the genuine and documented fear and abuse people have received as being largely fictional. And he couldn't.
oboogie, Timbo, Oblomov liked this
youngian wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:13 am
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:07 am
I fear this will end badly for Starmer.
Did you expect the challenges Starmer faces would be easy to bat away?

If the whip isn’t reinstated until this independent process has been established then that’s a way forward. Whatever happens Labour’s going to be punished in the polls in the short term for looking divided.
Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer has pledged to introduce an independent process for dealing with anti-Semitism complaints in the new year.

It comes after the party readmitted ex-leader Jeremy Corbyn as a member, following his suspension for suggesting political opponents had dramatically overstated the scale of anti-Semitism.

Mr Corbyn issued a statement saying he regretted any "pain" caused.

But his opponents inside Labour are calling for further action to be taken.

BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg said a decision had not yet been taken on whether to restore the Labour whip to Mr Corbyn, which would allow him to sit once more as one of its MPs.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-54982626
No hearing the news that the whip won't be restored has reassured me somewhat, but there was a lot of anger on twitter last night, so I said that in reaction to what was being said last night.
youngian liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
You know what'll help Labour move on? Len "mood music" McCluskey getting involved behind the scenes and his mates telling everyone he's been involved.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... iese-dodds
A bitter battle is also raging behind closed doors, with Starmer accused of “bad faith” by the Unite leader, Len McCluskey, who allies said was involved in brokering a deal he and others believed would allow the former leader to sit as a Labour MP again.

Multiple sources said conversations took place in recent weeks between representatives of Corbyn and key figures in Starmer’s office, including his chief of staff, Morgan McSweeney.

By Timbo
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
One can only assume the 'deal' involved another prevaricating "I'm sorry if your feelings were hurt" apology caveated that he's fought racism his whole life, and that this whole thing is just a confection of a monied elite who support Israel and control the media, who are determined to take him down. None of which is in any way anti-Semitic.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts LikeBB
When Corbyn managed to take a rare good swipe at the Tories you'd pile in behind him. But no its all about Corbyn. I've had it with these pathetic twats of which this poster is one of many on the thread. Couldn't Keir arrange to have Jezza kidnapped by Italian anarchist nutters?
As I saw someone tweet the other day, the dreary process of Labour making headway and the Tories messing up then Jeremy fucking Corbyn doing, saying, or not doing/saying something to give them cover is absolutely infuriating. Every fucking time, "Me me me, I'm the victim". Every statement, speech or incident jumped on by his tiresome fan club to say "Yes, but what about Jeremy and what you did to Jeremy? Why aren't you resigning? Why is Jeremy not leader again?".

I'm sure he'll have spaffed off about something before the end of the day. Can't have Priti Patel grabbing the headlines when he could be telling everyone he's a life-long campaigner against bullying (except if you're Jewish, of course).
The Tories, Generally

https://c.yell.com/t_galleryFit,f_auto/4040bcd0[…]

What did the General Secretary actually rule was[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

Interesting, even taking into account my mistrus[…]

Odin in an Opel! https://twitter.com/rachaelven[…]