Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 72.4 % :thumbsup: 3.8 % 😯 0.6 % :grinning: 16 % 🙏 1.3 % 😟 2.6 % :cry: 1.3 % :shit: 1.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
new puritan wrote:

That's what Travers seems to be doing, yes. My favoured candidate won with 60% of the vote though so no issues there.
So a purge then? That's what some of the local Corbynistas are talking about.
Why don't you go the whole hog and burn her at the stake?
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Littlejohn's brain wrote:No I'm fucking not what I'm proposing is having a leader who doesn't hang around with anti-Semites, doesn't appear on Press TV, RT, doesn't justify Putin's annexation of Crimea isn't chair of the Stop Some Wars Coalition anddoesn't call parties like Hezbollah friends.
Burnham and Cooper both served as ministers in a government which armed Saudi Arabia. Saudi schoolchildren are taught that the Protocols of the Elders of Zion are factual. But it's only the left-winger (who, for the umpteenth time, condemned the annexation of Crimea) who has 'questions to answer'.

You might want to look at who else appears on Russia Today by the way - you'd be surprised. Keith Vaz and Charles Clarke have both been on it recently.

https://www.rt.com/shows/going-undergro ... ee-labour/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.rt.com/shows/going-undergrou ... ater-wars/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

David Blunkett put in an appearance last year as well.

http://www.rt.com/shows/going-undergrou ... taxes-323/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:So a purge then? That's what some of the local Corbynistas are talking about.
I think it's pretty obvious that the left will need to move against the right in the PLP before the right moves against it. Right-wingers are already streaming out of the shadow cabinet because the result didn't go their way - that's just the start of it. Depends on what happens in CLPs and how individual MPs respond though.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
So. Next week Abers, LJB, me, Mattomac - we'll be trying our best to win the next election.

How about the Corbyn-fluffers who've been so vociferous here? Are you going to join up, get your plimsolls on the pavement, do a bit of work?

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
new puritan wrote:
I think it's pretty obvious that the left will need to move against the right in the PLP before the right moves against it. Right-wingers are already streaming out of the shadow cabinet because the result didn't go their way - that's just the start of it. Depends on what happens in CLPs and how individual MPs respond though.
You'd rather they be hypocritical? Or not stand aside to let a new leader chose his team? I really don't think you have much of an idea about how real politics (the sort you do, not just read about) works.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:So. Next week Abers, LJB, me, Mattomac - we'll be trying our best to win the next election.

How about the Corbyn-fluffers who've been so vociferous here? Are you going to join up, get your plimsolls on the pavement, do a bit of work?
Yep. Rejoining the party on pay day (if they'll have me). :)
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:You'd rather they be hypocritical? Or not stand aside to let a new leader chose his team?
I'm happy for them to leave to be honest but it's obvious why they're doing it. And it makes it easy for Corbyn to say, 'I'd work with them but they won't work with me'. It looks like what it is - a tantrum. Corbyn has been given a big mandate and they'd do well to remember that.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:I really don't think you have much of an idea about how real politics (the sort you do, not just read about) works.
This is pretty funny considering you were just accusing me of being patronising on the other thread.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
No, it's consistent. I have a very low opinion of people who talk the talk and then follow that up by talking the talk again.

Are you going to get out and work for the party or leave it to other people?
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:No, it's consistent. I have a very low opinion of people who talk the talk and then follow that up by talking the talk again.
We're on an internet forum. That's generally what they're for.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Are you going to get out and work for the party or leave it to other people?
I don't have to justify myself to you.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:No you don't. And you haven't, in fact rather the opposite...

Never mind, you'll find something to cut & paste in a minute. Much easier on the feet.
Any time you want to talk politics instead of just pulling rank, you know where to find me.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
mojojojo wrote:Shitting themselves.
Shitting themselves all the way into Number 10 come 2020, maybe. Corbyn won't have the Tories or the media "shitting themselves" any time soon, this is just Michael Foot all over again.
The Trump Presidency

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/501[…]

Climate change and "politics"

No.

SNP

Ha ha ha, https://twitter.com/PolhomeEditor/statu[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

A BBC2 documentary last Wednesday about Chavez w[…]