Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 64.1 % ❤ 1.5 % :thumbsup: 4.1 % 😯 0.7 % :grinning: 20.4 % 🧥 1.5 % 🙏 2.2 % 😟 1.9 % :cry: 2.2 % :shit: 1.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
new puritan wrote:
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:No you don't. And you haven't, in fact rather the opposite...

Never mind, you'll find something to cut & paste in a minute. Much easier on the feet.
Any time you want to talk politics instead of just pulling rank, you know where to find me.
Did you write that yourself?

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:So. Next week Abers, LJB, me, Mattomac - we'll be trying our best to win the next election.

How about the Corbyn-fluffers who've been so vociferous here? Are you going to join up, get your plimsolls on the pavement, do a bit of work?
Well I've just put my money where my mouth is and joined up (more for Watson than Corbyn, but I'd not have joined had anyone else won). Will that do you for a start? :)

Edit: that sounds more sarcastic than intended - I meant it more as a yes, I am trying to make more of an effort thing!
By JuanTwoThree
Corbyn won a very respectable percentage of party members' votes:

http://www.labour.org.uk/blog/entry/res ... p-election" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Would that just short of 50% have made him not an outright winner in the first round if only members' votes had counted? Presumably not, because Liz Kendall would be excluded and her voters' second choice would have been counted. Some of them might have been for him. Sooner or later he would have crossed the 50%, if not in that round then in a subsequent one.
So is it mathematically safe to say that Corbyn won the contest even on the basis of only members' votes?

By Malcolm Armsteen
Honest assessment. We're looking to get our own new members initiated in the ways of the leaflet delivery, the doorstep and the long talk from a party official about voting rightszzzzzz. So plenty to look forward to.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Honest assessment. We're looking to get our own new members initiated in the ways of the leaflet delivery, the doorstep and the long talk from a party official about voting rightszzzzzz. So plenty to look forward to.
Judging by the online contingent they'll also have to be told not to tell people who say they won't Labour to go and join the Tories.
The Sun

Whether intentionally misleading their readers or […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Sure about that?

The Tories are living in this MInford fantasy worl[…]

The Tories, Generally

Cleverley. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2[…]