•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
What Matto said +1

The leadership contest will be a massive fight, anyone think a Tory remainer dares have a go? Whatever happens we will get a more hardline Brexit merchant, presumably either Johnson or Mogg, who will go into full on "no deal" mode.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
A Remainer could stand on the basis of "Grow the fuck up, withdraw Article 50 and sort our own issues out before we go back into it". It might not work within the party but the electorate might think "yeah, actually, they have a point, why are they fucking about some more?"
By Andy McDandy
Was watching a thing on the Russian revolution last night. Thing that struck me was that to get into power you don't have to be the most popular or the most credible, or even have a plan. You just have to appear to be the least worst option.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:Was watching a thing on the Russian revolution last night. Thing that struck me was that to get into power you don't have to be the most popular or the most credible, or even have a plan. You just have to appear to be the least worst option.

That didn't pass me by either any old fool in a Lenin cap at the right time in the right place can hit the jackpot. I am becoming concerned that I keep seeing Brexit comparisons in programmes about historical tragedies. Or maybe I'm watching a lot to find a pattern of insanity at the top throughout the ages.

I liked Lenin's fake news move; tell the crowds the government has fallen before you've deposed them.

By cycloon
Andy McDandy wrote:Was watching a thing on the Russian revolution last night. Thing that struck me was that to get into power you don't have to be the most popular or the most credible, or even have a plan. You just have to appear to be the least worst option.
That suggests most people had credible options at all.

Nick Collins ‏ @proudlibtar He should eat a[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Who is that twerp who nearly lost the news? […]

The Sun

So much to enjoy there a dig at the lefty BBC for […]

Have a go Heroes

Standard thing, appeal to the core audience. Hence[…]