Topics about the Labour Party
  •  
  •  
  •  
By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
All Watson needs to do is take this to the very base level which is he is seeking justice for those who have been abused as children and who continue to be abused by those who hold power.

Surely something the British Media would approve of? If not why not? Do they want those in power the opportunity to abuse children, their children perhaps?
By PaulOnBooks
Membership Days Posts
Some whispers in the Twittersphere, but from people who aren't the usual gossips and dingbats, that the timelines of who said what and who interviewed whom might not support the anti-Watson campaign. Let's hope the Home Affairs committee is led in the right directions.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Tom Watson letter did not lead to Leon Brittan being interviewed, says CPS

CPS says letter it received from Watson complaining about case was not passed to Met police detectives until after they had interviewed Brittan

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wednesday, 14 October 2015
Tom Watson VINDICATED
So one has to put the question to the Mail, Times, Telegraph and Sun: just what part of the phrase “investigative journalism” do you not understand? Moreover, what other conclusion can the genuinely disinterested observer now reach, other than that this has been a coordinated hit-job by the press and its useful idiots on a supporter of properly independent press regulation? Because that is all it is.

And what about that apology they all demanded from Tom Watson? You won’t be seeing that any time soon. Being part of the press establishment means never having to say you’re sorry.
http://zelo-street.blogspot.co.uk/2015/ ... cated.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By mikey mikey
Membership Days Posts
Meanwhile...

Submissions to Theresa May’s child sex abuse inquiry accidentally deleted
Victims of alleged child abuse who submitted testimonies to website between 14 September and 2 October deleted due to technical blunder
The inquiry – set up last July following claims of a high-level cover-up of abuse – has been beset by delays following the resignation of two previous chairwomen, Lady Butler-Sloss and and Fiona Woolf.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ly-deleted" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
A tad convenient or an innocent Great British balls up?

And it'll be interesting to see if The Bard of Vero Beach or the S*n pick up on this this one...

Zac Goldsmith urged to withdraw paedophile ring allegations

Ex-Tory MP Harvey Proctor says Goldsmith should rethink mayoral bid unless he retracts claims of VIP abuse at Richmond guest house
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... llegations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Anyone, even on the periphery of these investigations, would not be thanking the STM for rattling the cages of either Plod or the CPS when there are fresh scores to settle.

I wonder whether it might even be deliberate. Any cases would be through the courts and settled by 2018 at the latest.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs... :roll:

Wednesday 21 October 2015 09.06 BST
MPs' committee rejects calls to question Zac Goldsmith over Leon Brittan claims
Tory-dominated home affairs select committee accused of operating along ‘party lines’ by only calling for Labour deputy leader Tom Watson to give evidence

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... on-brittan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By mikey mikey
Membership Days Posts
That awful Tim Fenton again. :wink:

Tom Watson Vindicated AGAIN
Labour’s deputy leader Tom Watson, together with officers from the Metropolitan Police, appeared before the Commons’ Home Affairs Select Committee this afternoon
“‘At no point till last week did the police force put the name of Brittan into the public domain’ says DAC Patricia Gallan”. James Doleman stressed “The police being very clear that there remain outstanding allegations of sexual misconduct against Leon Brittain”. So he’s NOT been cleared. And “DAC Rodhouse says ‘absolutely’ they would have reviewed a rape case after complainant whether it was Brittan or not”.
By mikey mikey
Membership Days Posts
You'd think that people who hope that he takes over from Corbyn in 2020 were trying to dispel that lie.

Much like the lie that Labour caused the economic crisis or that Osbourne handled the economy or that the austerity is sound policy or that immigrants impoverish he economy or that the Conservatives occupy the centre or that Syria needs bombing to save the refugees or that Labour is now run by terrorists or that...(ad tedium)
GE 2020

I wouldn't trust him not to.... Even though he […]

Momentum

She could replace Godsiff tmrw as far as I'm con[…]

David Cameron

Yes, I got that feeling too? Of course. Even i[…]

The sad faces of wronged Mail readers

We used to have to ask to take our blazer/jacket i[…]