Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 60.9 % ❤ 4.3 % :thumbsup: 8.7 % :grinning: 8.7 % 🙏 4.3 % 😟 4.3 % :shit: 8.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
 
By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
#558943
JP is bang on. Corbyn won’t win an election because he’s a fuckwit who won’t listen to the people, his party members or indeed anyone else. He didn’t win last time with a shedload of loaned votes when everyone thought he wouldn’t be so titanically stupid as to continue to support Brexit, so how the hell would he stand a chance of winning now?

The tories will cling on to a core vote of arseholes and brexiteers. Best result possible would be horrendously hung parliament with a cobbled-together coalition of non-Tory parties, probably with the caveat that Corbyn would be forced to pivot on Brexit. But knowing him he’d turn it down and insist on trying to go with a minority govt. even though the tories would probably be bigger and thus get asked first. Probably with an arch brexiter as leader, resulting in a catastrophic no deal crash out.

So yeah, a GE is the unicorn answer for Corbyn - it’s what he (and his supporters) thinks he wants, but that relies on ignoring the fact he’s pursuing something hardly anyone wants and is as popular as rabies, and will win fuck all because he pissed all the goodwill and loaned votes he had up the wall long ago.
oboogie liked this
 
By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
#558980
I like that the idea that Phillips gets abuse is because everyone's anti-semitic, and not because she's a fucking slug. The idea that there's a labour mp out there not gunning for a GE, as the Tories flounder incompetently, is laughable.

Labour are in a great position to go to election. The Tories are divided and have utterly fucked the dead pig on brexit. Only reason Phillips doesnt' want an election is she's terrified of a left wing labour +/- she'll get deselected so hard it'll hurt.
 
By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#558985
I thought the line from the Corbynites was that they shouldn't oppose because they had to make the Tories own the mess? So how does holding a General Election abide by that, beyond deliberately losing?
 
By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#558995
Winegums wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:34 pm
I like that the idea that Phillips gets abuse is because everyone's anti-semitic, and not because she's a fucking slug. The idea that there's a labour mp out there not gunning for a GE, as the Tories flounder incompetently, is laughable.

Labour are in a great position to go to election. The Tories are divided and have utterly fucked the dead pig on brexit. Only reason Phillips doesnt' want an election is she's terrified of a left wing labour +/- she'll get deselected so hard it'll hurt.
What's really laughable is the idea that an MP who won a seat and turned it into one of the safest in the country would be deselected because a bunch of Student Grants don't like her. Fortunately the Yardley CLP have got a bit more sense than that so she'll carry on unhindered no matter how much you throw a tantrum.
 
By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
#558997
I'm not a student and I think she's a waste of space. She's a gob who never follows through.
 
By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#558999
Winegums wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:02 pm
I'm not a student and I think she's a waste of space. She's a gob who never follows through.
Her constituents think otherwise and they, not keyboard warriors and bedroom revolutionaries, are the ones that matter. You keep throwing that tantrum.
 
By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
#559001
Winegums wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:02 pm
She's a gob who never follows through.
What, like Corbyn and what he said about wanting the party to be more democratic, then ignoring absolutely everyone when it isn’t what he wants to hear, you mean?

All the polls, the marches, the analysis of the seats to be won with a people’s vote stance, and the disaster that was today - complete with a plummeting pound - and *still* Captain Birdshite chose to breathe life back into the stupidest, most right-wing project this country has every seen with his statement about wanting a Brexit that works for everyone blah blah.

He’s still chasing his own brand of fucking unicorns and will destroy everything in his fruitless quest, and your hot topic is trying to whip up some hostility against an MP who has rightly suggested a GE might not actually go the way people who think they can pull off the impossible (based on no evidence of their ability whatsoever) reckon it will?
bluebellnutter, oboogie liked this
 
By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
#559003
I mean like her flirting with using parliamentary privilege to show it was Philip Green who was accused of rape.

GJ spinning this into brexit though. I'd vote to leave out spite now, the sheer obsessiveness you FBPE lot have.
 
By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
#559007
He’s still chasing his own brand of fucking unicorns and will destroy everything in his fruitless quest, and your hot topic is trying to whip up some hostility against an MP who has rightly suggested a GE might not actually go the way people who think they can pull off the impossible (based on no evidence of their ability whatsoever) reckon it will?
Yes does seem to be the big flaw in this grand plan which is that GE won't automatically go the way you want. The irony is that the likes of Dr Wino are making the same mistake that May and co made in 2017.
 
By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
#559009
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:20 pm
Winegums wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:02 pm
She's a gob who never follows through.
What, like Corbyn and what he said about wanting the party to be more democratic, then ignoring absolutely everyone when it isn’t what he wants to hear, you mean?

All the polls, the marches, the analysis of the seats to be won with a people’s vote stance, and the disaster that was today - complete with a plummeting pound - and *still* Captain Birdshite chose to breathe life back into the stupidest, most right-wing project this country has every seen with his statement about wanting a Brexit that works for everyone blah blah.

He’s still chasing his own brand of fucking unicorns and will destroy everything in his fruitless quest, and your hot topic is trying to whip up some hostility against an MP who has rightly suggested a GE might not actually go the way people who think they can pull off the impossible (based on no evidence of their ability whatsoever) reckon it will?
Me: We need to make policies that appeal to the (mostly leave voting) labour voters. There's no use just appealing to party membership like an insular cult.
Also me: We need to appeal to party membership. What happened to increasing democracy in the party?!
 
By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
#559012
Winegums wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:03 pm

Me: We need to make policies that appeal to the (mostly leave voting) labour voters. There's no use just appealing to party membership like an insular cult.
Also me: We need to appeal to party membership. What happened to increasing democracy in the party?!
I don’t even understand what this is supposed to mean, other than it’s some sort of continued effort to deny reality.
 
By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
#559019
Winegums wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:30 pm
GJ spinning this into brexit though. I'd vote to leave out spite now, the sheer obsessiveness you FBPE lot have.
The health secretary admitted that people may die because of Brexit due to supply shortages. Corbyn wants Brexit, and will not be able to deliver a Brexit any better than the Tories have cobbled together because he has the same goal of a hard break. In the meantime, by not opposing it he allows them to stagger on.

You say you’re a doctor in the NHS? If so, voting leave would be an indirect breaking of your Hippocratic oath to do no harm. That’s not spite. That’s monstrous. And it speaks volumes of how utterly disproportionate and polarised things have got.
 
By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
#559125
*sigh*, nobody swears the Hippocratic oath and nobody has sworn it for a very long time.

And really, that's stretching it. Surely every doctor who votes Conservative knowing full well they'll cut spending on social care and the NHS should also be dragged up in front of the GMC for willfully putting the public (and their patients) in harm's way.
  • 1
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 23
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Scroll down, kids. Stig has more information. Wh[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

Continuing form my rant about 6" and 15"[…]

Team Bercow!! It's about time somebody pulled the[…]

Reasonably epic Mail Fail

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/18/15/111424[…]