Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 58.5 % ❤ 2.4 % :thumbsup: 9.8 % :grinning: 12.2 % 🙏 4.9 % 😟 2.4 % :shit: 9.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
mattomac wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:51 am
She has a right to speak her mind like every Labour MP does, including Corbyn who for 32 years tried to overthrow any Labour leader that came along.
She does, and I have the right to take the piss out of her being a useless mouth.

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Winegums wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:04 pm
mattomac wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:51 am
She has a right to speak her mind like every Labour MP does, including Corbyn who for 32 years tried to overthrow any Labour leader that came along.
She does, and I have the right to take the piss out of her being a useless mouth.
The idea of taking the piss is that readers laugh with you, rather than at you.
oboogie liked this

By bluebellnutter
Useless mouth? You might want to better research what you clearly feel are really clever soundbites a bit more in future.
oboogie liked this

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
Winegums wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:02 pm
And really, that's stretching it. Surely every doctor who votes Conservative knowing full well they'll cut spending on social care and the NHS should also be dragged up in front of the GMC for willfully putting the public (and their patients) in harm's way.
Yes, so you’re not only no better than them, you’re worse because you’re supporting Brexit - which will destroy the NHS - and doing it knowing it’s all lies just to keep Jeremy happy.

Do you get it now?
oboogie liked this

By Abernathy
I don't think that anybody has ever actually sworn the Hippocratic oath (except possibly Hippocrates himself), never mind not any more. Nevertheless, it continues to be widely understood as defining the ethos motivating medical professionals, and substantially forms the basis of the modern GMC guide to good medical practice.

Crabbers' point is therefore well made. But of course, Winegums knew this.

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:40 pm
I don't think that anybody has ever actually sworn the Hippocratic oath (except possibly Hippocrates himself), never mind not any more. Nevertheless, it continues to be widely understood as defining the ethos motivating medical professionals, and substantially forms the basis of the modern GMC guide to good medical practice.
It doesn't really though, does it? Like this is just something you've said without really knowing much about good medical practice, the factors that led to its publication, the Hippocratic oath, or anything else related to medical ethics or practice. I get that you want to back up your pal but don't be spouting nonsense on an online forum in two thousand and eigteen my friend.
By Andy McDandy
EigHteen. "Friend".

Now that I've proved you wrong over a minor point, I automatically have superiority over you on every subsequent matter. That's how arguing on the internet works, right?

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
The issue with the Hippocratic oath was just a pet peeve, but Abernathy acting like he knows jack shit about medical ethics was just too stupid to leave unchallenged.

By Abernathy
19. Simply gainsay someone, accusing them of "not knowing jack shit" (are we in Chicago?) rather than providing any argument while the other person might be wrong.

That's the other bit about "arguing" on the internet, isn't it ?

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
Read the Hippocratic oath and explain why you think this ancient document formed the basis of GMC guidance written in the last 10 years. Particularly can you explain why advice like "don't do surgery" and "don't give abortives" and "keep the medical secrets in the profession" relate to modern practice?

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
Winegums wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:46 am
Read the Hippocratic oath and explain why you think this ancient document formed the basis of GMC guidance written in the last 10 years. Particularly can you explain why advice like "don't do surgery" and "don't give abortives" and "keep the medical secrets in the profession" relate to modern practice?
No, you tell us why you’re still supporting a man who wants hard Brexit againsbtte wishes of over 3/4 of his party and over 50% of the population overall knowing people will die if that comes to pass.

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
Yeah, it’s not like Brexit is 20 weeks away or anything*. Plenty of time to focus on when an MP isn’t being loyal rather than on, say, the leader she dares to criticise going on TV this morning, lying about some stuff he says he’ll do and what he thinks the EU does, still being pro hard Tory policy and then openly admitting he’d do it all again in pursuit of his stupid ideological prize.

But yeah, that Jess Phillips eh?

*it’s not. It’s 18 weeks away.
bluebellnutter liked this

Mrs A reckons that Mann is the Labour equivalent[…]

Is Wolverine butchering secret service guys while […]

Jeremy Corbyn.

No deal is what happens if nothing happens. So it&[…]

The Sun

Hamm's off PHILIP Hammond’s threat to qui[…]