By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:55 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:27 pm
cycloon wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:24 pm
These words, I presume they're trying to convey something.
If they are I have yet to uncover it.
Anybody here know any Tamarians?
Jezza at his allotment.
Winegums with his arms folded.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Also on Friday Jess in act of appalling centrism with her son led a protest against the govt cutting school hours. Such an outrageous act cannot go unpunished deselect her at once. :wink:

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... side-no-10
Hundreds of pupils, teachers and parents sang “someone has to save our schools”, to the tune of Message in a Bottle outside Downing Street, amid warnings from campaigners that 250 schools plan to end the day at lunchtime on Fridays from September in an effort to balance the books.

Campaigners claimed the UK government was abdicating its responsibility to properly educate children after sustained, multibillion pound cuts. The sombre crowd marched from Parliament Square down Whitehall to the prime minister’s residence chanting “No ifs, no buts, no education cuts”, while banners saying “92 hours lost per year, per child” and “Give us 5” were held aloft.

By Abernathy
Why "Skwawkbox" is an absolute disgrace :

Phillips says she will not help trigger General Election before Brexit

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/08/06/philli ... 8cPOAPUv00

There are of course, very sound reasons not to go along with a Johnson plan to call a General Election in those very particular circumstances, which Jess makes clear, but Shitebox twists the story into knocking copy against Jess. Talk about the Daily fucking Mail. The bogus doctor would love this.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:46 pm
Also on Friday Jess in act of appalling centrism with her son led a protest against the govt cutting school hours. Such an outrageous act cannot go unpunished deselect her at once. :wink:

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... side-no-10
Hundreds of pupils, teachers and parents sang “someone has to save our schools”, to the tune of Message in a Bottle outside Downing Street, amid warnings from campaigners that 250 schools plan to end the day at lunchtime on Fridays from September in an effort to balance the books.

Campaigners claimed the UK government was abdicating its responsibility to properly educate children after sustained, multibillion pound cuts. The sombre crowd marched from Parliament Square down Whitehall to the prime minister’s residence chanting “No ifs, no buts, no education cuts”, while banners saying “92 hours lost per year, per child” and “Give us 5” were held aloft.
I was trying to fit the slogan onto the "Dub Bass bit where they singe the song's title.
Silly me, it's the "Sending out an S.O.S." bit.

We now return to the light program with the Matthew Parris glockenspiel hour.

By Abernathy
I see that Jess has a new book coming out, called "Truth to Power : 7 Ways to Call Time on B.S."

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Truth-Power-Wa ... 149&sr=8-1

Having just finished Jess's first book, I'm wondering whether or not she'll be covering old ground that she already did in that book. It does sound a bit like that. I'll probably give it a go, though.

It also strikes me that Jess has half an eye on the longer term, perhaps, once the Corbyn madness is over, thinking about a bid for leadership of the party, and the next Labour PM. She is certainly ambitious, and, other than with The Cult, of course, is really quite popular in the wider party. And Labour really needs a woman as its leader.

I certainly find her "no-bull" approach refreshing, and she has more dynamism and energy in her pinkie finger than Corbyn has in his entire wrinkly old corpus.

Go, Jess !
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (10.84 KiB) Viewed 514 times
C**t of the day

I'm willing to bet at least 98% of those tweeting […]

Local journalism at its best

I like the idea of raising alarm bells...

The Brexit Party

Prediction of local news on day one. Village fe[…]

The latest Alexa ad has it helping a blind woman. […]