Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 55.9 % ❤ 1.7 % :thumbsup: 8.5 % :grinning: 20.3 % 🙏 5.1 % 😟 1.7 % :shit: 6.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It was my CLP's AGM tonight. The obligatory Momentum chancer, having failed to get elected Chair, tried to shut down an entire debate on Brexit motions for conference by saying that even discussing the vote was disrespecting the sainted 52% and "the working class".

If we hadn't been restricted to only speaking once during the debate and I hadn't already used my opportunity to second one of the motions, I would've taken great pleasure in asking him which of us in the room didn't fit his definition, and why.
Arrowhead, spoonman liked this

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Samanfur wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:45 pm
It was my CLP's AGM tonight. The obligatory Momentum chancer, having failed to get elected Chair, tried to shut down an entire debate on Brexit motions for conference by saying that even discussing the vote was disrespecting the sainted 52% and "the working class".

If we hadn't been restricted to only speaking once during the debate and I hadn't already used my opportunity to second one of the motions, I would've taken great pleasure in asking him which of us in the room didn't fit his definition, and why.
Oh god I remember we had one who went on about manufacturing and how we should priotise that over fighting Brexit. When I asked him what was his profession he said accountant, he also was about as working class as I am black.

By Abernathy
Oh dear Dawkins.

It's more scary when you realise the fuckers don't even understand what fascism is.

I do hope John and the other staff in Jess's office are okay.
Snowflake, mattomac liked this

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Despite all that has been happening, especially over the last week, the one glimmer of hope is the rise of the Girlie Swots.

We might not be completely doomed after all. Cometh the hour, cometh the woman.
Arrowhead, Malcolm Armsteen, Timbo and 3 others liked this

By Oblomov
visage wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:42 pm
Corbyn's gone too far this time....

Angela Rayner's been catching some heat as well: https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/b ... -civil-war

Bit strange how all these brave patriot hard men only seem to be targeting women :roll:

By crabcakes_windermere
Corbyn thanked Jess Phillips in the HoC on her question yesterday, and tweeted out in defence of her because of the intruder event.

That grinding sound you can hear is Winegums' teeth, while he's sat in front of a computer fruitlessly trying to work out a way to spin this badly for JP without associating Corbyn :smile:
oboogie, Projective Unity, Abernathy and 2 others liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Some on Twitter claiming it didn't happen - it's a publicity stunt, connected to her new book. #JC4PM

By MisterMuncher
I think I saw Naomi Long of Alliance giving Jess a salute on the Twitters. If anyone would know what it means to have your party labeled traitors and be one of the higher profile women involved, she would.

Make no mistake, when the motherfuckers graduate to actual violence, it *will* be against a woman. It speaks to unreal courage from Jess, Rayner et al, even Soubry that they're not putting the heads down.
Timbo, oboogie liked this
2019 General Election

Well... as far as I am concerned, the election is […]

Is he about 2.60 m tall?

Jeremy Corbyn.

Despite my leanings, not sure I can bear to watch […]

Labour, Generally.

If I was Labour and wanting votes from "liber[…]