Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 71.4 % :thumbsup: 14.3 % :grinning: 14.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Ken Livingstone said that Dan Jarvis accepting money from a hedge fund wasn't on. Well it turns out

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-03-12/ken- ... edge-fund/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ken Livingstone was paid an £8,000 fee by a hedge fund to entertain its clients, I have learned.

The disclosure will open him to the charge of gross hypocrisy, following his savage criticism of the Labour MP Dan Jarvis for taking a £16,800 political donation from the hedge fund manager Martin Taylor of Nevsky Capital.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Ken Livingstone really can fuck off. And as he's not been elected to any role it's not "disloyal" to suggest that, he just can. And he can keep fucking off.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Here's what the man who donated money to Jarvis had to say.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/martin- ... 45820.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dear Ken,

I write with sadness with regard your inflammatory and unfounded comments to the BBC and LBC yesterday regarding my recent donation to Dan Jarvis, the Labour MP for Barnsley Central. In your comments, which clearly refer to me ‐ as I am the only hedge fund manager who has made a donation to Mr Jarvis ‐ you make a number of claims which are both untrue and highly offensive. I refute all of these claims and explain why in this letter.

1. In your interviews you appear to infer that I evade tax and also by implication seek to have it minimised by politicians. This is utterly untrue. I actually want the top rate of tax to go up and I pay all my taxes in full.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
It turns out the leadership are trying to keep Ken off the airwaves

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04 ... to-keep-h/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can't think why.
By mikey mikey
Membership Days Posts
It's a shrewd move, if it's true. Now is not the time for rash statements to the press. Especially in the lead-up to the Mayoral election.

A low profile from Ken would be a good thing.

Which is why it baffles me that this "insider Labour source" quoted in the article would go talking to the Tel FFS.

If it is yet another "moderate" trying to embarrass Corbyn and/or Livingstone, then they are also damaging the chances of Khan's election in May.

Whoever this "source" is, it seems they would be happy to throw Khan under a London bus if it meant getting their June coup.

With friends like these, who needs Tories? :roll:

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
On numerous occasions calls have been made to producers on BBC One’s Question Time and BBC Two’s Daily Politics demanding he is pulled from the shows.
That is not going to work
However sources close to the leadership have told the Telegraph that Mr Livingstone is now seen as a "troublemaker" and a "loose cannon" whose interventions are "spectacularly unhelpful".
That's why Ken is so sought after. The media like a 'character' who tells it like it is. See also Peter Bone, Farage, Danczuk, Jess Phillips.

By bluebellnutter
So it's taken the leadership this long to work out Livingstone is a "loose cannon", has it? Never mind, only taken them 30 years.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Fear not, he'll be rehabilitated into an elder sage in time, just like Tony Benn, whose word is now taken as gospel by some in the party, no matter how inconsistent or patently absurd.
By mikey mikey
Membership Days Posts
“If Jeremy thought I was damaging the Labour Party he would pick up the phone and say ‘I want you to disappear for a bit’ and I’d say ‘fine’,” he said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/k ... _hp_ref=uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dismissing the Daily Telegraph story, Livingstone said “people just make this stuff up”.
So either the Tel is telling porkies, or...
Livingstone added that “embittered old MPs” who “keep trying to undermine Jeremy” were making it “more difficult” for a Labour government to be elected and should “get on board”.
Perhaps one of those would be the "anonymous source" that The Tel quoted.

If so, it would seem that right now they want to keep the negative press off Cameron and back on to Labour during the lead up to May. They must really want this June coup, if they're prepared to destroy Khan's chances.

By bluebellnutter
So I guess the Labour leadership haven't realised Livingstone is a loose cannon then? The 30 year wait continues.

It also doesn't say much to Corbyn's judgement if he can't see Livingstone is damaging the reputation of the Labour party. If his judgement is so poor on this, what else is it poor on?
Last edited by bluebellnutter on Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By mikey mikey
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote: See also Peter Bone, Farage, Danczuk, Jess Phillips.
Speaking of Jess:

She wrote in her blog (link below) a beautifully scathing attack on Dodgy Davie.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/jess-ph ... 1459933878" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Except he called the waaambulance and "losse cannnon" Philips may hace invited the backlash

David Cameron To Hit Back At ‘Hurtful’ Attacks On His Father’s Tax Affairs

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/d ... jwdr5m6lxr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparenly he made mummy Mary upset. :cry:
One source told HuffPost UK that Mr Cameron’s mother Mary “gets very upset when she sees her husband traduced” by politicians and that the PM intended to defend them both.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Oh look Ken's decided to repeat his false claims about Hitler and Zionism again.

http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/16284 ... ion-labour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Today, the former London mayor, 71, returned to Ms Feltz’s popular breakfast show and repeated his claims.
Still waiting to learn whether he will be expelled from the Labour Party, Mr Livingstone said that he had strong public support – as well as considerable evidence to support his views.
He told Ms Feltz: “After I did the interview with you and I got suspended I couldn’t walk down the street for people stopping me and saying ‘we know what you said is true – don’t give in to them’.
“It’s going to be very difficult for them to expel me from the Labour party when I’ve got this whole sheaf of documents and papers which shows that what I said was true.
“The fact that during the 1930s Hitler collaborated with the Zionists and supported them because he believed that a solution to his problem – the Jews – was that they should all move to Palestine. Then in the 1940s that changed and he decided on genocide.

By bluebellnutter
Yon Ken has been on the tellybox this morning defending Keith Vaz. Fortunately (for Keith Vaz) he decided not to talk about him very much, instead he opted to bring up his favourite Austrian dictator again by all accounts.

I did a Bachelors degree in History & International Relations in the 19th & 20th centuries, then a Masters degree in 20th Century History. I don't think I talked about Hitler as much as Ken does.
By Andy McDandy
What's the saying again? "If you're explaining, you're losing ".

Ken might think he's clarifying a point. Everyone else thinks he's banging on about Hitler and the Jews again.
Jan Moir

They'll make a fillum. "The Good Boomer."[…]

The Sun

You bet can your arse on it! Media currently try[…]

2019 General Election

I don't know if John Pugh is still active in South[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Interesting to see Harry Cohen went with Blair. Ho[…]