Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 71.4 % :thumbsup: 14.3 % :grinning: 14.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Don't worry Ken, Ken Loach is on hand to defend you.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/s ... rce=Direct" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He didn't hold back in defending the former London Mayor.

"To talk about expelling someone for interpreting [Hitler's] actions 70 years, 80 years later is very dubious and I think, in the general discussion, there hasn't been this precise examination of what was said and the different interpretations of that.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Oh god Miriam Margoyles is in favour of Ken Livingstone.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ivingstone" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As Jewish and non-Jewish members and supporters of the Labour party, we reject the call for the expulsion of Ken Livingstone (Letters, 7 April). Those who call for a new disciplinary hearing simply because they didn’t like the conclusions of the previous one demonstrate contempt for democracy and due process.

A year ago Livingstone, responding to a question from Vanessa Feltz on BBC Radio London, said: “Let’s remember when Hitler won his election in 1932, his policy then was that Jews should be moved to Israel. He was supporting Zionism.” There is nothing whatsoever antisemitic about this. Francis Nicosia, the Raul Hilberg professor of Holocaust studies at Vermont University, wrote in his book Zionism and Anti-Semitism in Nazi Germany (p79) that: “Throughout the 1930s, as part of the regime’s determination to force Jews to leave Germany, there was almost unanimous support in German government and Nazi party circles for promoting Zionism among German Jews.”

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Ken and his cohorts picked up this wiffle to frame Zionism and Nazism as two sides of the same coin from a Jim Allen and Loach play Perdition based on the writings of pseudo-historian Trot activist Lenni Brenner. No theatre would take the play as it was laughable but this is also seen as unfisnished business for the far left; Censorship by the pro-Zionist ruling class daring to ban Allen and Loach's truths. "We've all suffered abuse."

Here's a debate with Allen and Brenner trying it on with Martin Gilbert who knows lots of stuff on account of being a real historian.

[youtube]_rRgjlOV3Wk[/youtube]

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
From 2004, letter to the Guardian.
Your so-called experts who attacked Perdition repeat the lies that were told when the play was first produced and then censored by the Royal Court in 1987 (Can censorship ever be justified? December 22).
As its first director, I can say that the essential story the play tells - of collaboration of some Zionists with the Nazis in Budapest in 1944 - was not challenged and stands as historical fact. Minute details were rigorously pursued. The torrent of misinformation about Jim Allen's play came from those who objected to the political critique of Zionism and the consequent dispossession of the Palestinians. Max Stafford-Clark, then director at the Court and responsible for the play's censorship, now says that the charge of antisemitism was "bandied about" (Theatre community defends 'courageous Birmingham Rep, December 21). He doesn't have the decency to say that this was unfounded.

The writer Eric Fried, many of whose family were murdered by the Nazis, wrote: "I am envious I have not written [this play] myself ... To accuse the play of faking history or anti-Jewish bias is monstrous. Perdition should be staged wherever possible."

The charge of antisemitism is the time-honoured way to deflect anti-Zionist arguments. The play has been successfully produced at least three times since Stafford-Clark's climbdown. The Rep should have stuck to its guns with Behzti. Let's hope another theatre understands the principle at stake.
Ken Loach
London
"It's the same bunch always complaining, and here's a Jew who agrees with me. Historical fact!"

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Reading that piece this play was based on a libel case where a left-wing editor, defended himself against accusations bought about him by far-right activists and given what is said about who the play sides with, the irony is unbelievable, Allen and Loach sided with the Israeli far-right, in order to demonise Zionists.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
What the fuck

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... her-action
Labour could lift Ken Livingstone’s suspension and allow him to resume the status of a full party member within weeks in a move that will reopen the explosive internal row over alleged antisemitism.

The Observer has been told by party sources that, unless further information comes to light, no further action is likely against the former London mayor, whose two-year suspension following controversial claims that Hitler supported Zionism in the 1930s ends on 27 April.

The sources said this would leave him free to participate within the party again as a full member.

Some Labour MPs said they would be appalled if Livingstone was readmitted and warned of serious repercussions. Wes Streeting, chair of the all-party parliamentary group for British Jews, said his return would cause “irreparable damage to the party’s standing and reputation”.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Of course it's arguable that Hitler supported Zionism. All the jews in one place. So much more convenient.

But seriously, all this just goes to prove that politics is just showbiz for awful people. Not taking a political stance, but just the intra-party wank.

What, in as such it gives the impression that ther[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

"Prime Minister, I have President Trump on th[…]

...Married brothers having separate households i[…]

It was/is working across my Apple devices but perh[…]