•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It was also well played. Rather than just waltzing in and doing it on his first morning, he gave them the carrot of "if you can find the money, feel free" then binned it when they'd hung themselves out to dry.

By Malcolm Armsteen
I see Ms Lumley is ranting about negativity. She's not offering to stump up the £200m, that will be down to people like me and Mattomac...
By Fozzy
Interesting article about it here - http://www.lbc.co.uk/hot-topics/garden- ... ge-124786/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What the hell was Joanna Lumley going on about here when she said:
I think we're going to see such a huge regeneration, particularly on the north bank," she told Theo. "Particularly on this huge and terribly grand area, which has somehow got overlooked by London, which is the south side of the Aldwich, the straight side of the Aldwich, The Strand.
Since when was The Strand either overlooked by London, or in need of regeneration? That is just an absurd thing to say. And the part that is the straight side of the Aldwych leads directly off Waterloo Bridge, putting in another bridge from Temple station would add precisely nothing in terms of incentivising people to go there.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Fozzy wrote:Interesting article about it here - http://www.lbc.co.uk/hot-topics/garden- ... ge-124786/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What the hell was Joanna Lumley going on about here when she said:
I think we're going to see such a huge regeneration, particularly on the north bank," she told Theo. "Particularly on this huge and terribly grand area, which has somehow got overlooked by London, which is the south side of the Aldwich, the straight side of the Aldwich, The Strand.
Since when was The Strand either overlooked by London, or in need of regeneration? That is just an absurd thing to say. And the part that is the straight side of the Aldwych leads directly off Waterloo Bridge, putting in another bridge from Temple station would add precisely nothing in terms of incentivising people to go there.
There were some pretty grim concrete buildings round Surrey Street. These have been replaced anyway, I think.
By Fozzy
Sure, there are quite a lot of boring office buildings there, and development is also restricted by virtue of the fact that King's College and the LSA are there as well. Having a garden bridge will do precisely nothing to change that state of affairs. East London is in far greater need of both regeneration and more bridges, but of course that is of no interest to Lumley and her developer mates.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:I'm starting to think Joanna Lumley's not as bright as she'd like us all to think she is.
Like a few actors she thinks because she's famous she can come out with any old bollocks and be taken seriously.
By Coupled Moment
Membership Days
Littlejohn's brain wrote:
Abernathy wrote:I'm starting to think Joanna Lumley's not as bright as she'd like us all to think she is.
Like a few actors she thinks because she's famous she can come out with any old bollocks and be taken seriously.
Nearly all people believe that about themselves, even otherwise very intelligent people. It's just that famous people have a wider audience for their bollocks.
By Andy McDandy
And the media love it. "Joanna Lumley says..." has more traction than "Reg Gubbins, nonentity, says...". And then if it turns out to be unpopular or at odds with the message they want to push, it's "Overpaid luvvie says...". Whatever the case, the space gets filled.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Coupled Moment wrote:
Littlejohn's brain wrote:
Nearly all people believe that about themselves, even otherwise very intelligent people. It's just that famous people have a wider audience for their bollocks.
and think because their famous they know not it all. Tony Robinson talked about this in his biography.
Last edited by The Weeping Angel on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Hitchens

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7464891[…]

Local journalism at its best

The sad thing is... before all the surgery she w[…]

Boris Johnson

Also, on the front page Johnson says that he'll br[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Not big, not clever, but made me chuckle. https:[…]