Topics about the Labour Party
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
#477514
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:You know what they say about opinions...
"Everyone has one, but the value of yours is a function of the number of leaflets you've delivered."

Amazing the level of vitriol thrown at Visage for having the temerity to 'have opinions' without even being a full member.
#477515
Sorry - aren't you a 'member' who can't remember which CLP he's a member of? Or when he last did anything for the party he claims to be a member of?

Why should anyone take anything you write seriously?

I certainly don't.
#477516
Oh God, if intellectual snob and poor-hater Armsteen doesn't respect my opinions, I will surely die of shame. :(
#477517
Isn't it strange how I never get any vitriol off anyone other than yourself, Visage and mikey and yet I'm not a member? Almost like it's got nothing to do with actually "being a member" and everything to do with "being a contrarian, argumentative, whining little troll who contributes nothing of value but expects the likes of Malcolm to do as you instruct rather than lift a finger to help".

Am I in the right ball-park?
#477519
I wasnt aware of any vitriol I've directed at you, though whatever it was it clearly made a mark.

The whole 'you don't canvass therefore you're not allowed an opinion' shtick is just bizarre. If I was pontificating on public opinion regarding labour (that such canvassing would give insight into), or talking about strategies to win the argument on the doorstep then fair enough. But my suggestion that Labour wold be better off targeting the government rather each other is surely inarguable, regardless of how many leaflets i've put through doors?

Sorry, I forgot, I'm supposed to be fucking off, apparently.
#477522
At this point, I'd suggest for the sake of people's sanity, blood pressure and so on that anyone not happy with the result just accept it, and drop any criticism of Corbyn and Momentum for the following reasons:
1. It's done. It's his and their party now. There's an opposition to be and a terrible government to hold to account, so swallow your pride, hold your nose and crack on with it or leave it up to the 'new owners'. Both are fine, and the latter perfectly understandable and in no way is meant as a criticism. But either way, nothing now will change for the foreseeable. Corbyn isn't leaving. No other challenger will be forthcoming. So now it's making the best of it or moving on.
2. Because of the above, Corbyn and his team must own whatever comes next. If that is success we will all be better off. If that is a complete electoral wipeout, let it be Corbyn's. If it comes to it, you can't have a Phoenix without ashes.
#477528
visage wrote: when you rock up, rosette in hand.
You think we just carry rosettes rather than the more conventional option of wearing them?

You really don't know much, do you?
#477529
crabcakes_windermere wrote:At this point, I'd suggest for the sake of people's sanity, blood pressure and so on that anyone not happy with the result just accept it, and drop any criticism of Corbyn and Momentum for the following reasons:
1. It's done. It's his and their party now. There's an opposition to be and a terrible government to hold to account, so swallow your pride, hold your nose and crack on with it or leave it up to the 'new owners'. Both are fine, and the latter perfectly understandable and in no way is meant as a criticism. But either way, nothing now will change for the foreseeable. Corbyn isn't leaving. No other challenger will be forthcoming. So now it's making the best of it or moving on.
2. Because of the above, Corbyn and his team must own whatever comes next. If that is success we will all be better off. If that is a complete electoral wipeout, let it be Corbyn's. If it comes to it, you can't have a Phoenix without ashes.
Couldnt agree more.
#477531
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
visage wrote:
Sorry, I forgot, I'm supposed to be fucking off, apparently.
In your own time...
Offensive, abusive and disrespectful of the forum rules that we all agreed to.
#477534
Seeing as the growing up I mentioned yesterday isn't going to happen anytime soon, perhaps someone can answer one simple question from a confused voter?

What was the point of the Leadership challenge? Far as I can see, it basically failed in all objectives and, indeed, had the opposite effect of making Corbyn even more entrenched in his position.

I understand the reasons for wanting him out, for what it's worth, but this has come across as a complete balls up. It's good and well blaming Corbyn for low poll ratings, but I can't see how anyone can think this whole farce hasn't dragged Labour's name through the dirt, making the party look like a badly-organised set of children.
#477538
visage wrote:I wasnt aware of any vitriol I've directed at you, though whatever it was it clearly made a mark.

The whole 'you don't canvass therefore you're not allowed an opinion' shtick is just bizarre. If I was pontificating on public opinion regarding labour (that such canvassing would give insight into), or talking about strategies to win the argument on the doorstep then fair enough. But my suggestion that Labour wold be better off targeting the government rather each other is surely inarguable, regardless of how many leaflets i've put through doors?

Sorry, I forgot, I'm supposed to be fucking off, apparently.
Well Visage because Corbyn and his supporters seem to be more interested in controlling the Labour Party than in winning elections, and demand total obedience and respect when they have shown none in return then it's necessary to fight them.
  • 1
  • 74
  • 75
  • 76
  • 77
  • 78
Labour, Generally.

I'd guess that if any Tories are scared of - or pe[…]

The Trump Presidency

From looking at the AG's summary, it has the feel[…]

Via above link. Live breakdown by constituency. […]

The Independent Group

‘Our’ ability? Corbyn did nothing in […]