•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
visage wrote:Perish the thought that Saint Owen might be smeared.
1. Nobody has ever called him a saint.
2. Nobody has ever said they're most concerned because it might be used to smear him, more that it's a terrible idea.
3. What a wholly unnecessary, confrontational attitude you have bought to it.
4. It's an incredibly childish way of looking at it.
5. How exactly does your post advance what was actually turning into an interesting debate for once on these threads.

So I echo Malcolm's comments, stupid post.

By MisterMuncher
Littlejohn's brain wrote:You see this is the problem, talk about helping the Peshmerga and your accused of wanting to bomb the fuck out of everyone.
Not what I'm saying at all. It's entirely reasonable to point out that previous attempts at supporting "the good guys" in the Middle East have not been free of blowback, and it would be best to approach similar intervention in future with that in mind.

By Malcolm Armsteen
MisterMuncher wrote:
Littlejohn's brain wrote:You see this is the problem, talk about helping the Peshmerga and your accused of wanting to bomb the fuck out of everyone.
Not what I'm saying at all. It's entirely reasonable to point out that previous attempts at supporting "the good guys" in the Middle East have not been free of blowback, and it would be best to approach similar intervention in future with that in mind.
I think most of us got that. Sensible post, if I might be a bit patronising. Rare rounde here at the moment.
By visage
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:
visage wrote:Perish the thought that Saint Owen might be smeared.
1. Nobody has ever called him a saint.
2. Nobody has ever said they're most concerned because it might be used to smear him, more that it's a terrible idea.
3. What a wholly unnecessary, confrontational attitude you have bought to it.
4. It's an incredibly childish way of looking at it.
5. How exactly does your post advance what was actually turning into an interesting debate for once on these threads.

So I echo Malcolm's comments, stupid post.
I dont really have a dog in this fight. It just seems absurd that people are falling over backwards to justify/play down Smith's stupid comment (stupid both in absolute terms, but also because its a stick that will be used to beat him if he wins), whereas if Corbyn said the same it would be added to the Big Book Of Reasons Why We Hate Corbyn.

Perhaps if the supporters of unelectable candidate A stopped fighting supporters of unelectable candidate B, and vice versa, the Labour party could actually terminate this circular firing squad and train its sights on the real enemy?

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
MisterMuncher wrote:
Except the Peshmerga are the closet we're going to get to "good guys" in this situation.

By lord_kobel
Littlejohn's brain wrote:
MisterMuncher wrote:
Except the Peshmerga are the closet we're going to get to "good guys" in this situation.
That's not really saying a lot. That's the point...

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Mr Smith said: "My view is ultimately that all political solutions to these sorts of crises do come about through dialogue, so eventually if we are to try and solve this all of the actors do need to be involved."
History shows he is correct as is Corbyn when he makes the same points but voters don't much like realism unless the government they voted for are carrying out the policy. Corbyn's position is more admirable and the correct stance to take in public at this time. But he knows the Smith is laying out the grubby realpolitik of international relations. ISIS will hopefully be wiped out and if not they will begin to state build with diplomats and civil servants replacing warlords in a Wahibist type of state that will need to show the world that a new generation of 'stable moderates' are in charge in order for the nascent state to do business and survive

By MisterMuncher
Littlejohn's brain wrote:
MisterMuncher wrote:
So were the Mujahedin at a time.
Michael Gove

Bell end in makes bell end of himself shocker! h[…]

Dominic Cummings

Sky News just now Kay Burley: Mr Gove, the Bishop[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Was on it last night, never fear.... https://twit[…]

Richard Littlejohn

Double helping. First of all, boo, evil unions: h[…]