Topics about the Labour Party
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
 
By youngian
Membership Days Posts
#472401
And here Mercer goes through a lot of guff about Owen's stance only to conclude he would given the right circumstances also talk to ISIS. Bad call from Smith who should have spotted a snare like that in the pantomime that is electoral politics. The fact that Smith's right and both the Tories and Corbyn agree with caveats is neither here nor there.
Tory MP Johnny Mercer, a former Army officer who served in Afghanistan, said: "Owen Smith's suggestion that we should get ISIS 'round the table' demonstrates his unfitness for leadership.

"Everyone knows negotiation is far more desirable than violence in any conflict, but to suggest it in this case, is to entirely misunderstand and fail to grasp the challenge posed by Daesh.

"His desperate attempts to out-Corbyn Jeremy Corbyn have led him to the view that barbaric murderers who behead journalists and lynch homosexuals are now the sort of people that we should negotiate with.

"It shows that whoever wins this increasingly bizarre leadership election, I’m afraid Labour just cannot be trusted with keeping us safe."

“I agree with you that (Isil are) not interested in peace talks - and that means there can't be any,” he told a Facebook user.

"There can be absolutely no negotiation with any terrorist group until they renounce violence, cease all acts of terror and commit themselves to a peaceful settlement.
 
By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
#473081
Virgin Trains accused Jeremy Corbyn of lying, but this Owen Smith joke was arguably even worse
You'd be right in thinking this is the perfect time for Owen Smith, Corbyn's rival in the Labour leadership election, to make gains and release an insightful and intelligent statement.

Nope. Instead we got a crap joke.


http://indy100.independent.co.uk/articl ... paign=i100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


[youtube]GCID1EaMoik[/youtube]
 
By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
#473083
Littlejohn's brain wrote:Quick look over there.
So now we've arrived at the point where LJB dictates what's fit for forum consumption.

Is this an Owen Smith thread or is it not? How is sticking to the subject by linking to current reportage and satirical critique 'looking over there'? Should we only discuss subjects that you decree in a manner that you see fit? There's a word for that.
 
By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
#473089
Littlejohn's brain wrote:Satirical reporting my arse, all they did was take a couple of tweets and go Oh Owen. It's a blatant attempt to distract form Corbyn's latest fuck up.
Reading comprehension not your stromg point, is it?

Is this thread for discussing Corbyn or Smith? You are welcome to post some purile inanity in a thread dedicated to Corbyn, the leadership election or Labour generally if this thread being at the top of the board offends your childish vision that the whole world should agree with you.
 
By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
#473090
Absolute nonsense Red, my objection was your reason for posting the article, it wasn't an attempt to discuss Owen Smith it was you attempting to distract people on here from Corbyn's latest fuck up.
 
By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
#473097
Littlejohn's brain wrote:Absolute nonsense Red, my objection was your reason for posting the article, it wasn't an attempt to discuss Owen Smith it was you attempting to distract people on here from Corbyn's latest fuck up.
I disagree. You are attempting to shut down debate because views posted don't chime with your diktat.


Let's see if you get it this time.

What is the point of an Owen Smith thread if we can't dicuss Owen Smith?

There are multiple threads to dicuss Corbyn, should you wish to attempt 'bumping' them to the top of the board.
 
By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#473099
Genuine question hoping to move on, has any politician ever actually told a good joke in public? We've had all sorts over the years, but they all seem to be united in that absolutely none of them can tell a decent joke. Like not one.
 
By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
#473101
The Red Arrow wrote:
Littlejohn's brain wrote:Absolute nonsense Red, my objection was your reason for posting the article, it wasn't an attempt to discuss Owen Smith it was you attempting to distract people on here from Corbyn's latest fuck up.
I disagree. You are attempting to shut down debate because views posted don't chime with your diktat.


Let's see if you get it this time.

What is the point of an Owen Smith thread if we can't dicuss Owen Smith?

There are multiple threads to dicuss Corbyn, should you wish to attempt 'bumping' them to the top of the board.
Absolute crap, stick to to linking to the Canary.
  • 1
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 15
Labour, Generally.

I'd guess that if any Tories are scared of - or pe[…]

The Trump Presidency

From looking at the AG's summary, it has the feel[…]

Via above link. Live breakdown by constituency. […]

The Independent Group

‘Our’ ability? Corbyn did nothing in […]