•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:Genuine question hoping to move on, has any politician ever actually told a good joke in public? We've had all sorts over the years, but they all seem to be united in that absolutely none of them can tell a decent joke. Like not one.
I'm wondering if any of them have ever made a tweet or posting on social media that has done them any good.

As for jokes, I suppose there was Churchill's "in the morning I shall be sober..." gag, if it actually happened. Was pretty funny, to give the fat, racist cokehead some due.
By Coupled Moment
Membership Days
D.C. Harrison wrote:
bluebellnutter wrote:Genuine question hoping to move on, has any politician ever actually told a good joke in public? We've had all sorts over the years, but they all seem to be united in that absolutely none of them can tell a decent joke. Like not one.
to
I'm wondering if any of them have ever made a tweet or posting on social media that has done them any good.
Ed Balls
By Agnes
Membership Days Posts
Coupled Moment wrote:
D.C. Harrison wrote:
to
Ed Balls
Ed Balls

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Good point why aren't politicians good at telling jokes? they are masters of witty epigrams and smart one liners. Steven Pound fancied himself as a bit of a comedian and did some stand-up but shouldn't of. Even Bill Clinton was a bit wooden with jokes. Blair had a good sense of delivery for a gag. Farage I suppose if you like that kind of thing.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:Steven Pound fancied himself as a bit of a comedian and did some stand-up but shouldn't of.
See also: Lembit Opik

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Littlejohn's brain wrote:Yeah pity there's a lot of evidence that suggests he was a nonce.
Which in this particular context is totally irrelevant. You never cease to amaze me with your effortless twattery.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:It's a conundrum alright. Nobody could attain such a level without practice, yet nobody could practice that much. Schrödinger's twat?
It's a conundrum Red as to how terrible things get before you accept that Corbyn is doing a terrible job as Labour leader.

Please don't tell the GMC. If they found out I use[…]

Technical Support Issues - Post here

Uploading photos isn't working, even at 14kb.

The LibDems, generally

https://twitter.com/salisburylibdem/status/1130099[…]

Nigel Farage

Farage is using twitter to bemoan the fact that th[…]