•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Rumours he gave Reynolds City Minister and Brexit to Starmer, two people who have been critical and two things he couldn't care less about.

Correlation perhaps, mind you Starmer with Labour's brief on Brexit actually might add some sanity and sense.

It also helps his profile.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
mattomac wrote:Rumours he gave Reynolds City Minister and Brexit to Starmer, two people who have been critical and two things he couldn't care less about.

Correlation perhaps, mind you Starmer with Labour's brief on Brexit actually might add some sanity and sense.

It also helps his profile.
Jez is out of his depth on Brexit and will be happy to let Starmer get on with it. He may even become the most high profile Labour face on TV. Starmer may come into conflict with McDonnell on EU policy but if he's twisting the Tories in knots I doubt he'll complain too much. Corbynites are mainly Remainers but don't care much so Stamer is unlikely to upset the Praetorian Guard.

Emma Reynolds is an interesting appointment as well. I can't see Corbyn being savvy enough to woo the City but they are not going to back a demented nationalist Tory party. As Churchill said: "I'd give the devil a good reference if Hitler invaded hell."

By bluebellnutter
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -committee" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stitch-up part 1;
Jeremy Corbyn has promoted Jonathan Ashworth to become his shadow health secretary but would like the Labour MP give up his place on the party’s national executive committee in return, the Guardian understands.

Ashworth has remained loyal in public media appearances but is not seen as a supporter of the leadership team, which is why Corbyn would like him to quit the NEC, which is finely balanced. The makeup of Labour’s controlling committee is seen as key as it controls any changes that could effect how the party is made up.
Stitch-up part 2;
However, moving Lewis from shadow defence secretary to business led to speculation that the former soldier was being punished after he told Labour conference that he would not attempt to overturn the party’s position in support of renewing Britain’s nuclear deterrent.

He was replaced by Nia Griffith, a unilateralist who has campaigned against Trident. In October, the Llanelli MP called for a “genuine rethink” on the country’s nuclear programme.

By bluebellnutter
Hammond already looks out of his depth, which can only make McDonnell look better. Eventually he might have to make a call, stick with the busted flush at the top or shaft him for a Starmer or Jarvis, who I'm sure would be happy to keep him at the Treasury in exchange.

By mattomac
I don't think the demotion of Clive Lewis has gone down that well.

And frankly it's slightly barmy, this mandate has in my view gone to his head, I can't see Nick Brown or the rumoured Damien McBride putting up with the usual rubbish he has been doing for the last 12 months. People bang on about Milne but we know for a fact how obstructed he has been by Corbyn in doing his job.

It's not Milne who has been responsible for the appalling ability Corbyn has shown, that stops with him, and apparently Milne has been keeping notes he won't go quietly and again how damaging that could be who knows.
Nigel Farage

Or Chris Fowler as he styled himself once he had t[…]

I understand Panasonic are doing the same.

C**t of the day

Similar comments made on the BBC HYS t'other day.

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Poland knows which side it's financial bread is […]