•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-5886937

Corbyn’s team say he FORGOT to threaten a People’s Vote in letter to May

This has Seumas Milne's grubby fingerprints all over it, I'm afraid. He has form for editing or insisting on changes, or delaying press releases from all the way through the EU referendum campaign.

Of course they didn't "forget" to include it - it was actively taken out, probably at Milne's insistence. No wonder Starmer is fuming. I wonder whether he can stay the course in the face of crap like this ?

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Starmer's gone off message again:
In comments made yesterday, he said that:

In the aftermath of the local elections and particularly the EU elections, there are many in the Labour party who feel we need to be very clear about a second referendum and about making the case for Remain.

That's certainly what I'm advocating, discussions are going on at the moment, I hope we can resolve it pretty soon, and that will be a material step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned.
lord_kobel, oboogie liked this

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
More of that, please. I like him and have high hopes for him but I feel he's not quite brave enough. Then he speaks out like this and gives me hope. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he realises he can do more from the inside and is playing the long game rather than risking being booted out for daring to disagree with Corbyn too much.
Timbo liked this

Morrissey also says a few things about the Cure f[…]

It's a bit much to call it a Freudian slip I agree[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

You know my stance - I'd block you if I co[…]

Boris Johnson

Apologies for repeating what's been said on here b[…]