Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 55.6 % ❤ 3.2 % :thumbsup: 17.1 % 😯 1.1 % :grinning: 19.3 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 0.5 % 😟 1.1 % :cry: 1.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:40 am
Good speech.
Hope he can follow it up against the inevitable press pack trash job.
The flipside of less exposure because of the new COVID announcements today is that it'll be picked over less as well.

I'm expecting the real trash talk will come from the Rachael of Swindon types, who will of course be livid that he didn't immediately resign and ask Jeremy Corbyn to take over as leader for life.
oboogie liked this

By Boiler
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:57 am
Bones McCoy wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:40 am
Good speech.
Hope he can follow it up against the inevitable press pack trash job.
The flipside of less exposure because of the new COVID announcements today is that it'll be picked over less as well.

I'm expecting the real trash talk will come from the Rachael of Swindon types, who will of course be livid that he didn't immediately resign and ask Jeremy Corbyn to take over as leader for life.
Both via the BBC:

By crabcakes_windermere
What they fail/refuse to understand is this is the sort of guff you have to say to make people think you're going to not sell them out. As opposed to sending poison samples to Russia and coming over as (and probably being) more interested in what's going on in Venezuela than Plymouth.
Timbo liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
And this is the big difference between the Prime Minister and me: While Boris Johnson was writing flippant columns about bendy bananas, I was defending victims and prosecuting terrorists. While he was being sacked by a newspaper for making up quotes, I was fighting for justice and the rule of law.
This is the party that created the National Health Service and founded NATO. This is the party of the Equal Pay Act and this is the Party of the Open University. This is the Party of the National Minimum Wage and this is Party of the Good Friday Agreement.
Last edited by Malcolm Armsteen on Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
oboogie, Arrowhead, Oblomov and 1 others liked this

By Boiler
And it's going to be a long, uphill struggle. Already this morning I've corrected one Red Wall Racist who said it was Diane Abbott who got the case numbers for Covid wrong - how he'll react to my pointing out it was Priti Patel, a woman far more dangerous that Abbott I'm yet to see.

TBH I don't give a fuck about Red Wall Racists, let them eat the shit they voted for. I'd be happier to go after the vote of aspirational types who may have developed a conscience after the last few years further south.

And I have to say the quote that Malc's just put up brought joy to my heart although it'll get the usual "yebbut Saville" responses.

By davidjay
Something on Twitter a few weeks ago struck a chord. It was probably meant as an insult but it was totally accurate - when the Tories lose an election they change their leader. When Labour lose one, they want to change the electorate.
Timbo liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:12 am
What they fail/refuse to understand is this is the sort of guff you have to say to make people think you're going to not sell them out. As opposed to sending poison samples to Russia and coming over as (and probably being) more interested in what's going on in Venezuela than Plymouth.

Britain First is a distasteful phrase in a UK context but it means the opposite to America First; believing your own security services over the Kremlin. Unlike Trump and Corbyn.

By Tubby Isaacs
Boiler wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:44 am
And it's going to be a long, uphill struggle. Already this morning I've corrected one Red Wall Racist who said it was Diane Abbott who got the case numbers for Covid wrong - how he'll react to my pointing out it was Priti Patel, a woman far more dangerous that Abbott I'm yet to see.

TBH I don't give a fuck about Red Wall Racists, let them eat the shit they voted for. I'd be happier to go after the vote of aspirational types who may have developed a conscience after the last few years further south.

And I have to say the quote that Malc's just put up brought joy to my heart although it'll get the usual "yebbut Saville" responses.
I dunno, but after 2019 I'm sceptical of this enlightened Tory vote ever showing up for anyone but the Tories. Sure they didn't want Jez, but they didn't vote for Swinson either.

I think a few of those Red Wall seats will come back just with Brexit and Jez out of the way. And Gove or whoever won't be able to pull the Johnson "outsider" trick.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Oblomov wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:58 pm
Has Starmer judged the mood of the nation right in calling for the circuit breaker?
The polls show support has been surprisingly high although 60 percent of Tories supporting the measures isn’t as pensioners have less to lose and are the most vulnerable. I’d expected too much fatigue and a collapse of faith to go through lockdown again. Plus a sizeable proportion of knobheads backing good ol’ Boris keeping the boozers open. Maybe I’m treating the public like an aunt who still bought me Beano albums for Christmas when I was 13. She hadn’t noticed I was now wearing big boy trousers.
oboogie, spoonman liked this
US election 2020

'misallocated' is doing a lot of heavy lifting in […]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

https://twitter.com/JohnOBrennan2/status/131831500[…]

Daily Telegraph

Julie should be clearing up on the populist rentag[…]

The Trump Presidency

Ouch. END OUR NATIONAL CRISIS The Case Again[…]