Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 58.3 % ❤ 2.9 % :thumbsup: 15.7 % 😯 1.5 % :grinning: 18.1 % 🧥 1 % 🙏 0.5 % 😟 1 % :cry: 1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:57 pm
The public won’t remember how Labour voted after a few weeks unless you let Johnson make Labour the narrative by abstaining or voting against. I’ll give Keir the benefit of the doubt as he’s smarter than me and his critics.
Whenever a Tory criticises Blair because Iraq, it's never said that they voted for war.

By Boiler
Absolutely it does. "But you voted for it!"

I would - perhaps - rather they abstained (unlike Abbott, who has already said she will vote against) but I can't help but feel this continual process of abstention is not in any way making Tories own their shit because they never will - but it will be harmful for Starmer and make him look indecisive.

By Andy McDandy
I think he, and Labour, have no choice.

Britain, by its own volition, or inaction, is fucked. Enough people chose to believe easily disprovable lies, or to blame scapegoats, or to sit out a vote for all manner of reasons. Whatever, we are where we are. Not enough was done to manage the withdrawal from the EU in a sensible manner, because both the remain camp (in hoping to overturn the referendum) and the hardcore leavers (in holding out for ultra-Brexit) hoped for jam tomorrow.

It's this deal or catastrophe, in which people will die. It's possible to salvage something from this, or manage the decline to the point of people not noticing so much. Mitigate its worst effects. Keep reminding people who led them here. Hope we're never as stupid again.
Arrowhead, oboogie liked this

By crabcakes_windermere
I think they probably knew nothing would be called, and not taken on board even if it was, but the signal was there and the direction of travel set. I’m not sure Johnson will steal much because in a few weeks he’ll be busy enough fending off the ERG dunces who’ll have suddenly decided they don’t like something so want to take it out.

A difficult day, handled about as well as it could have been I think.
The Tories, Generally

More on Sir Dismal Swyne: On 28 September 2019, […]

"Boris" Johnson

Spectacularly stupid Cybernat row about Johnson v[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

Just spotted the guy giving a blow job. Fuckin[…]

Round the Blogs

https://jenzerb.medium.com/i-left-my-career-in-pre[…]