Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 58.3 % ❤ 2.9 % :thumbsup: 15.7 % 😯 1.5 % :grinning: 18.1 % 🧥 1 % 🙏 0.5 % 😟 1 % :cry: 1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I don't see Johnson having too many problems with his Brexiters. Only Redwood and Paterson abstained. Most of them are like Neil Warnock and those blokes in Lincolnshire market vox pops- "Just want to get out, aren't we out yet?".

Cutting standards is unpopular, including among their new voters. A few battles here and there over fish is one thing. Being forever tied up in committees where the EU forces you to back down is quite another. I don't see Johnson's got any incentive to go there. And he can spaff his way out of gradual economic damage. There's still plenty of room for him to do rabble rousing shit on "culture" to keep the Kippers happy.

By Arrowhead
davidjay wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:29 pm
Whichever way he chose was never going to win over a single three quidder or northern Gammon but abstaining would have given both more ammunition. He done as well as he could.
This 100%. Starmer played a difficult hand as well as he realistically could IMO. It's an attempt to draw a line in the sand and move on to other things for the time being. Such as - hopefully - absolutely hammering the Tories on corruption, cronyism, and sleaze, all of which are things the British public loathe.

By davidjay
Arrowhead wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:43 pm
davidjay wrote:
Whichever way he chose was never going to win over a single three quidder or northern Gammon but abstaining would have given both more ammunition. He done as well as he could.
This 100%. Starmer played a difficult hand as well as he realistically could IMO. It's an attempt to draw a line in the sand and move on to other things for the time being. Such as - hopefully - absolutely hammering the Tories on corruption, cronyism, and sleaze, all of which are things the British public loathe.
Used to. Johnson has made them all so commonplace that they're accepted as the norm now. If this was any other country we'd be calling it a rogue state.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Arrowhead wrote:
It's an attempt to draw a line in the sand and move on to other things for the time being. Such as - hopefully - absolutely hammering the Tories on corruption, cronyism, and sleaze, all of which are things the British public loathe.
That’s sort of talking about Brexit in another guise. I hope you’re right as evidence from Trump’s reign is that his voters don’t give a shit about this stuff.
Arrowhead liked this

By Andy McDandy
Everything's fine as long as it's our guys doing it. It's not corruption - it's taking from the useless state.

To be fair, even in the Major years it wasn't so much the content of the sleaze allegations, as it was the chance to bash Tories over family values and back to basics rhetoric. Hypocrisy (despite being the one thing we're all guilty of) is the really unforgivable sin. Well, that and getting caught.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Arrowhead wrote:
davidjay wrote:
Exactly banging on about Brexit will impress no one and despite what the likes of David Clark has to say I don't believe voters will hold this against Labour.

By crabcakes_windermere
That’s probably why the rumour is that Tories planted the starmerout hashtag, and the corbots jumped on it like the suckers they are. They can’t have it seeming like the U.K. aren’t backing Boris’s Brexit miracle and can’t rely on people spotting the date discrepancy before jumping to a conclusion.

As it is, now I suspect any poll bounce will be offset entirely by the new school reopening fiasco and the godawful covid figures.
oboogie liked this
The Tories, Generally

I've said it before, but I'm sure he looks in... […]

"Boris" Johnson

Spectacularly stupid Cybernat row about Johnson v[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

Just spotted the guy giving a blow job. Fuckin[…]

Round the Blogs

https://jenzerb.medium.com/i-left-my-career-in-pre[…]