Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 55.6 % ❤ 3.2 % :thumbsup: 17.1 % 😯 1.1 % :grinning: 19.3 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 0.5 % 😟 1.1 % :cry: 1.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:10 pm
Seems like that Green rump are a real thing now. Ex-Corbynites? Would they follow through in an election?
Dustbin vote that UKIP inherited from the LDs. Could do quite well with pavement politics in run down areas.
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
He’s going to have to do a lot of this next year as Brexit unfolds. He can’t be accused of being a Remoaner fighting yesterday’s battle, so its sit back and let the Tories own their shit show before making a move. Keir’s already done that with Corbyn’s leadership.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Sir Keir Starmer has pulled ahead of Boris Johnson on the question of who would make the best prime minister.

A YouGov poll for The Times suggests that 34 per cent of people believe that the Labour leader would do a better job, with 32 per cent preferring Mr Johnson. Last week the prime minister was narrowly ahead on 33 to 31.

It is the first time a Labour leader has been preferred as a potential prime minister to the Conservative incumbent since after the 2017 snap election.

A single YouGov poll in June that year put Jeremy Corbyn ahead of Theresa May but he failed to consolidate his fleeting lead. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/star ... -f8m3zz3k8

What goes on in 32 percent of voters’ heads I don’t know but its still a very poor approval rating for a leader in a national crisis.
oboogie liked this

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:07 am
"He's a laugh, I'm not personally hard up or suffering, nobody in my immediate circle of friends is either".
I did read something yesterday that gave me a bit of hope. Sunbathing in the garden in August, getting paid 80% of your wages for doing nothing, and you'll think the government are doing well. Sitting in the house four months later with a redundancy notice in one hand and the kids' Christmas list in the other might start you thinking.

By crabcakes_windermere
As far as I can tell from his twitter feed, Starmer has been going full out meeting small businesses and touring the north and elsewhere of late. Interesting the person says FOM causes problems - it doesn't in the sense I suspect he means ("people coming over here, taking our jobs" etc), but it's just been made out it does by those who wanted Brexit along with a load of other lies.

Corbyn was also a London-centric MP, but his problem was he idolised a certain type of working class northerner who probably doesn't exist now (if they ever did), and who probably wouldn't appreciate being told what they do or don't want by a career politician anyway.
Boiler, oboogie liked this

By Andy McDandy
I remember seeing a Dominic Sandbrook documentary in which he said that Arthur Scargill's great mistake was thinking that miners wanted a revolution, when in fact most of them just wanted the money to enjoy that good life everyone else was tasting.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Andy McDandy wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:54 pm
I remember seeing a Dominic Sandbrook documentary in which he said that Arthur Scargill's great mistake was thinking that miners wanted a revolution, when in fact most of them just wanted the money to enjoy that good life everyone else was tasting.
A common feature of the extreme left, and one of the faultlines between them and 'centrists' who know this very well.
US election 2020

The Governor of Iowa isn't up for re-election this[…]

Daily Telegraph

Julie should be clearing up on the populist rentag[…]

The Trump Presidency

Ouch. END OUR NATIONAL CRISIS The Case Again[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

The argument that we should vote to stay in the EU[…]