Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 55.7 % ❤ 3.2 % :thumbsup: 16.8 % 😯 1.1 % :grinning: 19.5 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 0.5 % 😟 1.1 % :cry: 1.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
The comment made by my soon to be an ex-member of Labour after 40+ years was broadly a similar analogy, suggesting that whilst continually being presented with open goals the centre forward was nowhere to be found on the pitch but instead found promoting grooming products.

Tough call, I suppose; but that 80 majority will be hard to overcome - and let's not forget the Red Wall Racists who, incensed by Starmer's position on Brexit when all they wanted is to chuck all those Schrodinger's Immigrants out, will not be coming back to Labour any time soon.

Hey ho. Must be patient.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
How in the name of Mick Harford and all the great centre forwards can Starmer be expected to compete with endless headlines about the tories hitting themselves in the face with the business end of a claw hammer?

Indeed, why would he even want to?
oboogie, Abernathy, Arrowhead and 1 others liked this

By Kreuzberger
They are still fellating their boy, as you well know. Only Brenda has the power to change that, and only by dying.
oboogie liked this

By Abernathy
Kreuzberger wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:10 pm
Only Brenda has the power to change that, and only by dying.
The topic of monarchical mortality is a highly germane, and a highy interesting one. Brenda is 94 years old, and Phil the Greek is still at the crease (just) about to make his century. Both are prime candidates to be carried off by the bastard coronavirus, which is still circulating, So perilous is their predicament, and definitely not helped by the most incompetent government since we all lived in fucking caves, that they have both withdrawn to more or less permanent self-quarantine at their out-of-town pied a terre in Windsor.

But either of them could easily fall off the twig at virtually any time and it needn't be the coronavirus that does the trick. Plans for Brenda's and Phil's funerals are highly detailed and just about complete, and will swing into action the very pico-second that Phil or Brenda breathes their last. If it's Brenda first, the whole "The Queen is dead, long live the King" mechanism will also click into place alongside the organised grief like the well oiled machine it is . With a coronation to follow, it's bingo - at least a month or two's distraction from Johnson's omnishambles for the grieving loyal plebs.

Johnson must be fucking praying for it.
Last edited by Abernathy on Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By KevS
Part of me does wonder if when it does happen, Charles says no thanks, and puts Will up for the job.

However, I think it's virtually certain he will scream "AT FUCKING LAST!!!" through a megaphone whilst sitting on top of the Emley Moor transmitter.

By Abernathy
KevS wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:31 pm
Part of me does wonder if when it does happen, Charles says no thanks, and puts Will up for the job.

However, I think it's virtually certain he will scream "AT FUCKING LAST!!!" through a megaphone whilst sitting on top of the Emley Moor transmitter.
Nah. The absurd belief in the divine right of kings persists even in the 21st century.

Brian might not believe, as his mammy probably did, that the monarch job is divinely ordained (though he may well do), but he's not going to miss out on a shiny sinecure he's been anticipating for 50 years.

By The Red Arrow
Just imagine somebody like...oh, I dunno, the spouse of a government minister with a coke habit, who screeches via her 'newspaper' column that Charles should forego the throne in favour of Wills because after all, they're 'our' royal family, and 'we' know what's best. Just imagine the #notmyking and the 'experts' lined up by the Beeb who would make Grimes look like Stephen Fry. Just imagine the sudden converts to republicanism who would demand President Farage, or be coerced into backing President Cummings. Imagine Tommeh the Tit and co seeing a paypaltastic vacuum they could grift in. Just consider the rational intellectuals howled down by a mob. And just imagine things turning really nasty after that. On top of everything else hurtling down the corrupt, plague-ridden, no deal track. Sleep well, my lovelies.

By crabcakes_windermere
Also bear in mind that the longevity (read: lifelong excellent free healthcare and an existence devoid of many of the stresses of modern life) that Liz2 & Phil enjoy will also apply to Chuck, so he’d be looking at a good 20 years on the throne if Mumsy kicked the gold spittoon tomorrow.

Plus, Charles is an arrogant, obnoxious bully. He’ll be itching to throw his weight around as king. Not doing anything useful - just more of what he’s done before in promoting quackery and his simplistic opinion on architecture.

By KevS
I did say on these hallowed pages a long tie ago that I confidently predicted that within five years of Brenda joining the choir invisible, the Daily Mail will write an editorial calling for as republic.

I stand by those comments . In fact, they might do it even sooner.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
King Charles isn’t going to be what he sees as a mannequin monarch like his mother but an active ‘people’s king’. He’ll say things that make him popular and upset the government in private. Then ramp up the action as a result of the government cutting him slack. And then it all unravels. He has a similar level of political acumen as Jeremy Corbyn but with better advisors.

By Bones McCoy
The Red Arrow wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:58 pm
Just imagine somebody like...oh, I dunno, the spouse of a government minister with a coke habit, who screeches via her 'newspaper' column that Charles should forego the throne in favour of Wills because after all, they're 'our' royal family, and 'we' know what's best.
Sound like treason.
The Tories, Generally

Jenkyns was born in Beverley, Humberside. After l[…]

C**t of the day

Mind you, on reflection I reckon it's a bot. Join[…]

Boris Johnson

Greece has done pretty well. The Singapore of Euro[…]

Labour, Generally.

Well, the truth is that even if people did actuall[…]