•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I caught the lunchtime repeat of Any Questions with Stella on the panel earlier today.

As you would expect, it was dominated by discussion about Trump, May, Brexit, and Article 50.

At the end, I was more or less elated by an absolutely stellar (pun not really intended) performance by Stella. Seriously, she was so impressive it's well worth your while going back to Iplayer to listen to it.

On the Article 50 vote in particular, she was crystal clear, logical, reasoned, honest, direct, angry and passionate about why she cannot vote with the government on the Article 50 trigger enabling bill. In very simple language, it simply isn't right for this country and May's Tories have handled it so badly that she cannot support triggering Article 50 under these circumstances. She received a thunderous round of applause from the audience.

I tell you, I said to myself there and then that I would be absolutely delighted to have this woman as leader of our party, and imaginng myself as an uncommitted voter I'd be pledging my vote to her without hesitation. The contrast with the utterly hopeless Corbyn was just so stark.

By Arrowhead
I heard her as well, as you say extremely impressive. I love the fact that she spoke with so much passion and clarity.

One big problem, however - isn't she supposed to be one of the prime targets for deselection because Momentum regard her a crypto-fascist Blairite warmonger Red Tory quisling traitor?

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I doubt Walthamstow Momentum are going to back Jez over his 3 line whip to support Theresa May over Stella's stance.
Theresa May has refused to condemn Donald Trump when asked by Sky News about his new ban on refugees and controls on travellers from seven predominantly Muslim countries.

The Prime Minister tried to avoid commenting on the controversial policy during a news conference with her Turkish counterpart Binali Yildirim. http://news.sky.com/story/theresa-may-r ... s-10746484" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Abernathy
Deja Vu six months later with Stella on Any Questions again, and every bit as impressive. What a terrific politician she is. I love the way that she is audibly angry about injustice and filled with a passion to be rid of it. Magnificent.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
She also has a bit of the no-nonsense put her foot down style of Thatcher and Barbara Castle about her.

Stella's striking more and more as the best person as leader to hold onto the voter alliance Labour has built up and reach out further than Corbyn. And hold onto the liberal Remain and youth vote that Jez is doing his best to lose. Bitter BlueKIP pensioners will hate everything about her though. Good.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Grace Blakeley https://twitter.com/graceblakeley[…]

Meanwhile in Greece

Seriously though, what a bunch of imbeciles, g[…]

Theresa May

According to the Telegraph, May "is consideri[…]

Daily Express headline today

https://i.postimg.cc/m2FBpS7M/Dx-Ytyk-VX4-AESb-Mp[…]