Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 73.5 % ❤ 1.5 % :thumbsup: 5.9 % :grinning: 11.8 % 🧥 1.5 % 😟 1.5 % :cry: 1.5 % :shit: 2.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
So today Thornberry is on Marr saying Labour is antisemitic and Hodge is on Sky saying Labour is very antisemitic and Corbyn is a super-racist.

Once again, no actual incidents or specific allegations of antisemitism are mentioned.

It's so transparent the way this is being used to block Labour from getting any message across. Every interview, every Q&A, that's all its about.
lord_kobel wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:10 am
Winegums wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:04 am
that's all its about.
Because that's what corbyn has made it all about, by his piss poor handling of the situation.
There is no correct handling of manufactured outrage
Winegums wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:11 am
lord_kobel wrote:
Winegums wrote:
that's all its about.
Because that's what corbyn has made it all about, by his piss poor handling of the situation.
Head, meet sand.
Yes there is. You yeet it with so much force that it has to gerrin bin, you stone shaves it so bare it's like a mirror aiming back at the cons with their hatred of the pure.

I think I'm getting the hang of this internet speak.
lord_kobel liked this
Winegums wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:11 am
lord_kobel wrote:
Winegums wrote:
that's all its about.
Which has nothing to do with corbyn's piss poor handling of this situation.
The problem is this. Winegums/others who believe it's all a conspiracy will only be satisfied there is a problem when presented with evidence of multiple examples of high-level, 'classic' racism - i.e. active Labour MPs or councillors openly calling Jewish people "filthy Jews".

While this does seem to be happening at a low level (see:

because this is low level, it's just 'a select few bad apples'. So coverage = more evidence of anti-Jeremy conspiracy. No consideration as to why these people seem to feel particularly empowered now of all times.

What's also happening simultaneously is that other forms of antisemitism that Corbyn et al. don't really see as an issue - murals, criticising Israel but being a bit loose with your language re: criticising Israel/zionism, stuff like sharing facebook posts with a picture of a facehugger with a star of david on it on the statue of liberty (that one being, apparently, clearly an Israeli flag so legit) are ignored or complaints watered down/people let off. At the same time we have the interference from LOTO. This comes from the arrogance factor - criticising it can't possibly come from a bad place because Jeremy is devoutly anti-racist and so on.

So you have an unobtainable evidence level because it's the wrong sort, coupled with interfering behaviour that's OK as all it's doing is making sure 'comrades' aren't punished for doing and saying 'the right thing'.
Boiler wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:58 pm
Labour Anti-Semitism - Sinister Dexter
Tim Fenton can fuck right off. Fenton has forefieted the right to call himself independent, he is now another Corbyn outrider.
When it all boils down, is there really that much difference between "I'm not against all Muslims, just radical Islam" and "I'm against Israel, not Judaism"?

Because to me, they're both attempts to excuse some pretty nasty beliefs.

By Boiler
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:14 pm
Boiler wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:58 pm
Labour Anti-Semitism - Sinister Dexter
Tim Fenton can fuck right off. Fenton has forefieted the right to call himself independent, he is now another Corbyn outrider.
I think he has attracted the odd commenter who has said as much to him recently.
davidjay wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:20 pm
When it all boils down, is there really that much difference between "I'm not against all Muslims, just radical Islam" and "I'm against Israel, not Judaism"?

Because to me, they're both attempts to excuse some pretty nasty beliefs.
Except that the first nominates a religion and then a fundamentalist form of that religion, the second takes a nation state and then a religion. Which is the antisemitism problem in a nutshell.

To be logical you would have to say that you have no problem with religion, only with extreme and violent sects operating under the name of that religion.

.......the thing that's keeping me going is that[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

It's the mini-me toddler I feel sorriest for.

2019 General Election

JOE has sent up the Tories video :lol: https://[…]

The Brexit Party

That there are parts of the country, particularl[…]