Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 73.7 % ❤ 1 % :thumbsup: 6.1 % 😯 1 % :grinning: 11.1 % 🧥 1 % 🙏 1 % 😟 1 % :cry: 1 % :shit: 3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:46 am
It's a new one on me, too. Perhaps a regional variation of 'gulp'? My mother used 'bolt' - a leading cause of indigestion, heartburn and general discomfort, apparently.
It can only be a dialectical variation; bit like how my Great Aunt Ciss referred to our canine friends as "dugs". Which certainly made Mrs. B. furrow her eyebrows when she first heard it. (Mrs. B. was very fond of "Auntie", as she was of Mrs. B.)
While I have no doubts that Corbyn has been woeful on antisemitism, which I think he sees as a bother rather than much else, I also think the reporting on the Chief Rabbi's statement could do with a lot of qualification as well.

As ever, this election isn't so much an election as a trolley problem.

crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:29 am
While I have no doubts that Corbyn has been woeful on antisemitism, which I think he sees as a bother rather than much else, I also think the reporting on the Chief Rabbi's statement could do with a lot of qualification as well.

As ever, this election isn't so much an election as a trolley problem.

That tweet sums up the problem within Labour, instead of heading the Chief Rabbi the approach is to double down and attack him. Not only that but that tweet smacks. Not only is that tweet a violation of IHRA by accusing a Jew of dual loyalty. Also it's untrue

https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu ... l-as-ally/
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rebuffed concerns raised by Britain’s chief rabbi that settlement construction was troubling supporters of Israel in the United Kingdom.

Chief Rabbi Ephraim Mirvis raised the issue in a meeting between Jewish leaders and Netanyahu in London on Wednesday evening.
According to minutes of the closed one-hour meeting taken by an official in attendance, Mirvis told Netanyahu that friends of Israel approach him with the request to “help us help you,” by limiting settlement expansion.
Meanwhile, five years ago...

Labour’s first Jewish leader is losing the Jewish vote
The Jewish community is preparing to break with Labour. Ed Miliband needs to ask himself why
By Dan Hodges

3:38PM GMT 30 Oct 2014
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politi ... -vote.html

Labour funding crisis: Jewish donors drop 'toxic' Ed Miliband
The leader's 'principled' stance on Palestine deters backers, forcing party 'to go to unions with begging bowl'

Oliver Wright
@oliver_wright
Sunday 9 November 2014 01:00

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 49299.html
The Tories, Generally

Who needs deals with Johnny Foreigner when you hav[…]

Michael Gove

I remember that Gove In The Garden video I posted […]

Jo Rowling

I imagine her quoting Liberace at that.

How Advertising Works

I'd be very surprised if this ad was run in Scotla[…]