Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 71.4 % ❤ 1.2 % :thumbsup: 7.1 % 😯 1.2 % :grinning: 11.9 % 🧥 1.2 % 😟 1.2 % :cry: 1.2 % :shit: 3.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Love his follow up "I'm not being facetious". Nobody thought you were, mate.

Interesting view that people who didn't support Corbyn are responsible for what the government's done. Even though lots of them didn't vote Tory. And even if you did, it's not like "lax response to pandemic" was written in the manifesto.
Would someone like to explain that to me? What the fuck has condemning an anti-Semitism enabler and political liability got to do with anything? Is this twat saying if Allotment Jesus was still LOTO those people would still be alive?

Is he trying to tell us if we'd all voted Labour last November the Anointed One would have magically undone the effects of 10 years of Tory cuts and the NHS would have been more than ready to cope with the pandemic by March?

Man's a complete fruit loop.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:06 pm
The point is settling the score, nothing else.

Would it be OK if Jews were dying at the same rate as the general population? Why should Corbyn opponents not care about everybody dying? Why is "look at the Jews" such a killer argument?
To repeat what I said after the election, there seems to be a vocal element amongst the Jewish community that believes they're the only ones who have ever suffered and that discrimination aimed at any other section of society is acceptable.
davidjay wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:23 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:06 pm
The point is settling the score, nothing else.

Would it be OK if Jews were dying at the same rate as the general population? Why should Corbyn opponents not care about everybody dying? Why is "look at the Jews" such a killer argument?
To repeat what I said after the election, there seems to be a vocal element amongst the Jewish community that believes they're the only ones who have ever suffered and that discrimination aimed at any other section of society is acceptable.
Not sure why that's relevant to this awful tweet. But are there vocally racist Jews? Of course.
Tin-foil hat time.

It is worth a discussion. It centres upon film, photographic, and documentary evidence Not to mention the witness testimonies which are now, sadly, breathing their last.

The Holocaust is accessible and therefore more understandable.

Anyone able to pinpoint Togo on a map? We are all experts, (this week, at least) on the genocidal criminality of King Leopold but, truth be told, I only have a few years' head start on most other people. And this is only by virtue of being with a Flemish partner for slightly longer than was strictly advisable. She was appalled by my support for the Belgian football team, given the country's shoulder-shruggery regarding their former monarch's vile behaviour. Photos are beginning to emerge but there still seems to be little traction. I dunno. It's "Only Belgium", possibly.

Rwanda? It's what those savages do. Yugoslavia? They don't even have that excuse. There is plenty of media record which documents both of these. Perhaps, the light will be shone on these crimes. One might like to think so, given the zeitgeist, but the temptation to let bygones be bygones, through Truth and Reconciliation commissions remains an open sore.

Back to Auschwitz for a moment. Even though I am a bit of a Jew (different trajectory), no single event in my life has ever had such a profound impact upon me as a visit to this unconscionable crime scene. I didn't sleep properly for a good six months, my mental resilience has never recovered, and, as I write, I can recall my legs buckling at the entrance to the one remaining gas chamber.

I have not been to Srebrenica. I have not been to Kigali. I have not been to Charlottesville. But, I can only begin to imagine the waves of horror because I bear witness to the personal heartbreak of Auschwitz, Ravensbrück, and Flossenbürg. This isn't about skin colour but it does perhaps resonate more because of the PLU factor. We can empathise with butchers, bakers, and web developers.

To George Floyd for a moment. Was he a butcher, baker, or web developer? Who knows and the fact that no one is even asking is at the root of our problem. Being black, just like being Jewish, Muslim or Hutu, is what killed him. The link that he shares with the Holocaust is the documentary evidence and, moreover, that the perpetrators caught on film saw nothing wrong in their actions.

Not easy, is it?

(I appreciate that I am riffing with these thoughts and using you all as a sounding board. I will be delighted to be be schooled.)
Catkins, Timbo liked this
Roll Call

There are also law clinics, which aren’t a b[…]

The Tories, Generally

Did he? I thought he didn’t do “gestur[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Tir on a toboggan! Have a read of this. htt[…]

Meanwhile in New Zealand

I'm no expert, but I think Jacina Ardern might jus[…]