Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 87.1 % :grinning: 6.5 % 😟 3.2 % :cry: 3.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
#550179
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:38 pm
Winegums wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:31 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:44 pm


Hang on, what's been made illegal?
As in behaviour which now falls foul of the IHRA definitions with examples.
Illegal, you say?
jesus fucking christ this is like pulling teeth. Replace illegal with "falls foul of the new Labour party rules and is therefore grounds for expulsion".
#550180
https://evolvepolitics.com/anti-corbyn- ... ntisemite/

Looking forward to all anti-semitic party members being expelled.

Also daily reminder Jess Phillips is trash.
#550184
Sadly it’s not a balance. This is something you have to get right every time. 10 examples of someone not being racist wouldn’t excuse them standing idly by while a mate called someone the n-word.

Your man has messed up. You can go down with him, or carry on desperately trying to find excuses.
youngian, oboogie liked this
#550193
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:59 pm
Hugo Rifkind today recalled going on the Iraq march and being surprised by all the Palestine banners from the SWP. Israel's responsibility for invading Iraq wasn't too obvious. Because it's always about Israel.
Not sure I buy that. There's often Palestinian flags at a lot of protests, because it's a good place to publicize the issue, rather than try and claim any direct link to the point of the protest.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
#550197
Winegums wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:07 am
https://evolvepolitics.com/anti-corbyn- ... ntisemite/

Looking forward to all anti-semitic party members being expelled.

Also daily reminder Jess Phillips is trash.
Here's a surprise for you - I agree that Phillips and Berger attending a Spectator event is poor judgement. I can accept they may not have known the guest list in advance and that I don't know if there were other reasons for their attendance, but regardless.

Doesn't let Corbyn off the hook though - which is a perfect example of the world not being as simple as all that. Labour MPs who criticise Corbyn can also mess up AND the criticism can still be valid.
#550206
The Red Arrow wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:54 am




Goodnight, my lovelies.
In 1973, he wasn't anti-Semitic.
In 1974, he wasn't anti-Semitic.
In 1975, he wasn't anti_Semitic.
In 1976, he did that one anti-Semitic thing.
In 1977, he wasn't anti-Semitic.
youngian liked this
#550208
Again, I think Corbyn simply has a massive blind spot. It's clear in the past he hasn't seen the wood of antisemitism because he's been too busy admiring the trees of anti-Israel/pro-Palestine sentiment, and that has carried over to lead to a situation where it almost seems like it's a bother to him to react to. As if he expects there to be a 'not all men' equivalent for Jews because of the behaviour of the current Israeli govt.

I don't think he's a bad man. I think he is a poorly advised man handling a situation very badly, whose past of saying whatever he liked and hanging out with whoever he wanted is catching up to him very, very rapidly.
By visage
Membership Days Posts
#550209
He's also pretty thick skinned - the kind of thing that comes from a powerful conviction that you're right. Juts look at how he reacts to criticism. And his condescending manner when someone disagrees with him.

His supporters see this as him being a kind of Obi Wan style zen master. Everyone else finds it annoying.
#550210
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:09 am
Again, I think Corbyn simply has a massive blind spot. It's clear in the past he hasn't seen the wood of antisemitism because he's been too busy admiring the trees of anti-Israel/pro-Palestine sentiment, and that has carried over to lead to a situation where it almost seems like it's a bother to him to react to. As if he expects there to be a 'not all men' equivalent for Jews because of the behaviour of the current Israeli govt.

I don't think he's a bad man. I think he is a poorly advised man handling a situation very badly, whose past of saying whatever he liked and hanging out with whoever he wanted is catching up to him very, very rapidly.
I agree, and would add that I also think his loyalty to people close to him (which is no bad thing to have in smaller measures) clouds his judgement and makes him reluctant to act when it is clear to the world that something needs to be done, as was the case with Livingstone and now seems to be the case with Willsman.
#550211
visage wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:13 am
His supporters see this as him being a kind of Obi Wan style zen master. Everyone else finds it annoying.
He is absolutely Obi-Wan like. But prequel Obi-Wan. The slightly arrogant, aloof bloke who can't see a close friend is a colossal wanker who he is slowly allowing to become radicalised by his inaction, who inadvertently helps a scheming facist ascend to power because he thinks he's doing things for the greater good, and who only becomes wise through experience of tragedy after his inability to see the bad stuff happening right under his nose causes everything to come crashing down around him.

Similarly, it will take a generation to repair the damage if it isn't stopped soon, and by then he'll just be a ghost offering stale platitudes to the kids he's lumbered with cleaning up his mess.
lord_kobel, youngian, hel liked this
#550241
Winegums wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:05 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:38 pm
Winegums wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:31 pm


As in behaviour which now falls foul of the IHRA definitions with examples.
Illegal, you say?
jesus fucking christ this is like pulling teeth. Replace illegal with "falls foul of the new Labour party rules and is therefore grounds for expulsion".
It might be, but they could have easily stuck in the clauses the Home Affairs Select Committee (with Blairites and Tories on it) did, stressing the right to criticize Israel. If there's a disciplinary case, the defendant can refer to that as his defence.

Nobody could have complained about that. Instead they fucked about with sticking in "intent", which is going to be extremely hard to prove.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 35
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

If we do get a free trade agreement could I push[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Whoopee. Dickhead's moved on to Game of Thrones qu[…]

Sajid Javid

"I don't want to turn you over to the mob ou[…]

Labour, Generally.

Where would Labour be now in the polls if they fol[…]