:sunglasses: 87.1 % :grinning: 6.5 % 😟 3.2 % :cry: 3.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Winegums wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:08 pm
Yes, imagine suggesting that an MP shouldn't be threatening to leave their party. Imagine having the bloody nerve to imply that if she wants to leave and form a new centrist met party, she shouldn't still be in the Labour party? The sheer anti-semitic cheek of her CLP!
Imagine a party where the leader stood up to people abusing his MPs, was seen to be active on antisemitism as opposed to just giving lip service, and who was of strong enough character to accept not everyone would always agree with him. Imagine a party that accepted you can be on a spectrum of opinion and *still* be leftwing. Imagine a party that, even if she *was* desperate to leave for ego reasons, was doing well enough that she sat back and came along for the ride so she was in with the winners.

Imagine, eh?
Timbo, Catkins liked this
The no-confidence motion against Luciana Berger has been withdrawn, following revelations that the 'old guard' member behind it has been making anti-semitic statements.

A source 'close-to' the leadership welcomed it...

Chinny reckon.

This was another example of Corbyn-encouraged bullying of people who don't slavishly follow whatever line he is promoting today. Pusillanimous twats.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... nce-motion
The no-confidence motion in Labour MP Luciana Berger has been withdrawn and a meeting to discuss her future cancelled after it emerged that one of her key opponents within the local party had called her a “disruptive zionist”.

The decision follows a heated row over the Wavertree MP’s status in the party, with critics claiming that she had been disloyal to Jeremy Corbyn as her defenders pointed to persistent antisemitic abuse aimed at Berger.

A source close to the Labour leadership said: “It was the right decision.”
I believe that when Grandpa's team saw how much support she had, he bottled it (quelle surprise).
Also, for shits and giggles it's worth pointing out that if any MPs do leave they'll at least be showing they have the courage of their convictions. As opposed to say, one J. Corbyn who was happy to moan and snipe and undermine but also never had the guts to put his money where his mouth was. Just like everything else he's ever done, he sat back and let everyone else do the work, made their job harder with his inaction, selfishness and inability to work in a team and compromise, and reaped all the benefits of his cushy safe seat.

He's a talentless, petty coward. An extraordinarily small man who has been found wanting at every turn. But no, you tell us how a female MP who has been abused for her religion, who has had threats against her family and who has had no support from her party leadership is the one at fault because of her lack of hero worship.

It's pathetic. Utterly pathetic.
Cyclist, Malcolm Armsteen, Timbo and 4 others liked this
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:54 pm
I'm relieved this has been shelved, and reckon that belatedly the leadership realized the problem. But as ever, it looks extremely grudging, and pointlessly so. Why can't the leader speak in his own voice?
After all, he can't be down he allotment in weather like this.
Timbo liked this
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:13 pm
The person Winey was supporting...
lmao I support VONC in shit Blairite MPs. Suggesting it's a character endorsement of whoever proposes it is facile even for you.
Winegums wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:26 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:13 pm
The person Winey was supporting...
lmao I support VONC in shit Blairite MPs. Suggesting it's a character endorsement of whoever proposes it is facile even for you.
But it's true. You supported his motion. Are you an anti-semite too?
Winegums wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:26 pm
“Nasty vendettas started by bigoted arseholes are fine as long as I think the target deserves it because of my own petty reasoning” being a far better position, of course...
Timbo liked this
Literally in the tony blair thread people are complaining that he's too into dialogue and not into intervening enough. We could just summarise this whole argument, spanning multiple threads, as "the centrists hate the mean lefty" everything else is post hoc.
Theresa May

EEA comes with an extra advantage of being in the […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

I swallowed the Brexit lies. Now I regret telli[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Whoopee. Dickhead's moved on to Game of Thrones qu[…]

Sajid Javid

"I don't want to turn you over to the mob ou[…]