Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 77.3 % ❤ 2.3 % :grinning: 11.4 % 🧥 2.3 % 😟 2.3 % :cry: 2.3 % :shit: 2.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
I suspect the Times thinking was, no names will make people assume the worst. Which is obviously mischievous and in bad faith, as Winegums would no doubt point out.

But then we probably shouldn’t forget that someone in the position to downgrade action taken against someone who - whoops a daisy - may not have realised a monster with a Star of David on could be taken as an insult by Jewish people in general as opposed to OBVIOUSLY only being a critique specifically of the state of Israel’s current govt thought that this was fine to give the benefit of the doubt over.

So you know, swings and roundabouts. Or to put it another way yeah the press will use stuff to have a go, but hey - how about not fucking spoon-feeding them cracking examples of boneheaded ignorance and top-level interference that absolutely prove what people say about Labour being institutionally antisemitic?

Because the problem now is that all Corbyn’s chums have been parroting the line that the search showed very little and it’s nothing and there’s no leniency. And here it all is. Crowds clapping idiots like Williamson. Numerous examples of left-wing Corbyn fansites full of shite. And people right at the top watering down punishments for people at lower levels - and news of that let off culture will spread and send a message. Push it as far as you dare, because what REALLY matters to Corbyn is loyalty. To him in the face of his turning a blind eye, and to left-wing anti-Israel dogma so unsophisticated that it can’t be arsed to differentiate between a religion and the incumbent government of a country.

And these are the people who are supposed to be the ‘better’ choice against the islamophobia and bigotry of the Tories.

It’s utterly appalling.
lord_kobel, Timbo liked this
I don't think there's much doubt the Tories are much worse. God only knows what their emails would look like. Maybe Warsi will get hold of some of them. I think Labour are likely to have got better on this stuff since last year, but it suggests to me that Mr Gardiner at least was way off the pace when he got involved here. I don't know his background, but it sounds uncomfortably like the part of the left that never thought about this stuff beyond "it's not anti-Semitic because Israel".

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
About that campaign to smear Corbyn..

The Labour Party may have unlawfully discriminated against Jewish people, the UK's human rights watchdog says.

The Equalities and Human Rights Commission said it was considering launching a formal investigation into anti-Semitism in the party.

The Labour Party said: "We completely reject any suggestion the party has acted unlawfully and will be co-operating fully with the EHRC."

The watchdog is asking the party to work with it to improve its processes.

Once the EHRC's formal letter is received by Labour, the party will have 14 days to respond to the concerns raised.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47482048
But then we probably shouldn’t forget that someone in the position to downgrade action taken against someone who - whoops a daisy - may not have realised a monster with a Star of David on could be taken as an insult by Jewish people in general
It wasn't just a monster, but the facehugger from Alien. Y'know, the (cough cough) colonising parasite that infiltrates the host, and destroys it from within.
You'll need a better search function than she's got. She can't even find herself saying "abolish it" in the post to which Kevin Schofield was responding.

She compounds this error with the false accusation that Schofield is misrepresenting her and being "actively cruel".

We all make mistakes, but she's on the NEC. Isn't there some arrangement where somebody a bit media savvy gets in touch and suggests a way out of holes? She could have just said "I realise how this looks! But there's a longstanding debate about the effectiveness of the EHRC, see eg Lord Ouseley here". An apology to Schofield now wouldn't go amiss.

Or are they all just sat there moaning about "the MSM"?
oboogie liked this
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:37 pm
You'll need a better search function than she's got. She can't even find herself saying "abolish it" in the post to which Kevin Schofield was responding.

She compounds this error with the false accusation that Schofield is misrepresenting her and being "actively cruel".

We all make mistakes, but she's on the NEC. Isn't there some arrangement where somebody a bit media savvy gets in touch and suggests a way out of holes? She could have just said "I realise how this looks! But there's a longstanding debate about the effectiveness of the EHRC, see eg Lord Ouseley here". An apology to Schofield now wouldn't go amiss.

Or are they all just sat there moaning about "the MSM"?
Yeah the word abolish is clearly in her post.

Not one part of that tweet by Schofield is a lie. Power without responsibility and that goes right to the very top, they feel they can say and do what they like. They’ve destroyed the Labour Party.
I mean, they're right that lots of people have it in for them, in a Very British Coup kind of way. But they don't get that lots of it is fair comment, They really don't like Schofield and he doesn't like them, but his stuff generally checks out. They don't get at all how journalists need to protect their sources. Na na na, tell us who said it, na na. They're less vociferous when the party later gives some shit non-denial.
Timbo liked this
Euro Elections 2019

... unfortunately I'm unable to post on my Facebo[…]

Labour, Generally.

It’s OK everyone, apparently it’s Tom […]

Theresa May

That's all those wanting to be the next PM can see[…]

Claire Fox

She's top of the list, sadly. Nigel Farage an[…]