•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
In fairness to Gardiner, I can think of one impressive achievement which he has presided over - namely, that of transforming Brent North from a rock-solid Tory area (remember the odious Sir Rhodes Boyson aka the "Minister for Flogging"?) into a seat where Labour now has a majority in excess of 17,000. Although to be perfectly honest, that says more about the shifting demographics of London in the past quarter of a century than it does about Gardiner himself.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Daley Mayle wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:45 am
Mr Mogadon. He has the quiet, slightly sibilant voice of a vicar talking to a congregation of five in a backwater church.

Baz does have an unfortunately creepy manner, with a slightly effeminate edge, so that he comes across as a kind of cross between Norman Pace and Julian Clary. The scruffy Len McCluskey style beard (which could, I suppose, be a sort of fan-boy tribute to Jezza), doesn't help either. But the worst of him is his sheer incomprehensibility. He talks absolute bollocks nearly all the time, which often manifests itself in direct contradictions of official party policy (Baz famously described Starmer's six tests as "bollocks"), and he does it in such a pompous way that he sends a shiver up my spine like the sound of fingernails on a blackboard.

Every time he appears on screen I find my internal voice saying " Oh god, not fucking Barrie Gardiner again."

I'm completely bewildered as to why he keeps being put up as a spokesman.
oboogie, Catkins, Timbo liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Gardiner goes way beyond the call of duty in his disdain for the EU and free movement. His suggestion that anyone who tries to defend it will only upset the far right is one of the most pathetic things I’ve heard from the mouth of a Labour MP. And he’s creepy in a Peter Lorre sort of way.

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
Atrocious job on Channel 4 debate last night. Made no pretence of having any kind of position on what was being discussed, beyond "we want an election". His voice begins to grate on me after about a minute. There are far better spokespeople in the Labour ranks. Caroline Lucas stole the show, but even JRM put in a more convincing performance than Gardiner. When does this endless shower of political mediocrity end?

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
He was also on Any Questions on Friday, called out Maduro, described him as "a tyrant" for shooting protesters and likened the regime to Saudi Arabia. Magic Grandpa's going to be very cross with Barry Bollocks when he finds out.
Biggus Robbus, Timbo, mattomac and 1 others liked this
C**t of the day

I'm willing to bet at least 98% of those tweeting […]

Local journalism at its best

I like the idea of raising alarm bells...

The Brexit Party

Prediction of local news on day one. Village fe[…]

The latest Alexa ad has it helping a blind woman. […]