•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Notable that the only person who has openly said they’d serve in a new cabinet is Corbyn. Not only still failing to take responsibility, but still thinking that somehow after all he’s done (or not done) he should still get a seat at the top table.
mattomac liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:02 am
Notable that the only person who has openly said they’d serve in a new cabinet is Corbyn. Not only still failing to take responsibility, but still thinking that somehow after all he’s done (or not done) he should still get a seat at the top table.
And must be noted that in this respect he is behind Abbott - no Labour leader has ever considered him loyal, talented or hardworking enough to offer him even a junior shadow post.
youngian, mattomac liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:02 am
Kay Burley and Starmer were in a good natured joust this morning on the question of whether he’d employ Corbyn. Translated summary:
“You know I wouldn’t Kay and you know why I’m obfuscating.
Yeh I know you’re not that mad Keir but you can’t blame me for trying.”

By crabcakes_windermere
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:57 am
And must be noted that in this respect he is behind Abbott - no Labour leader has ever considered him loyal, talented or hardworking enough to offer him even a junior shadow post.
Or to put it another way, every Labour leader has correctly considered him disloyal, lacking in talent and lazy, and undeserving of even a junior post.

Quite why, when he's squatted in a safe seat for decades and done nothing but complain and undermine while indulging in meetings with dubious contacts is anyone's guess...
bluebellnutter, lord_kobel, Timbo and 1 others liked this

By Abernathy
Diane is celebrating 33 years since she was first elected to parliament and achieved the distinction of becoming the UK's first ever black woman MP.

Which is absolutely fair enough.

Meanwhile, over on the wilder lefty wingnut Facebook Groups, somebody has suggested that a statue should be erected to honour Ms Abbott. And loads of Corbynite brain-donors are enthusiastically agreeing.

Yes, a fucking statue of Diane Abbott.

I sensed that the debate all about statues was about to become totally absurd. Here is the proof that I was right so to sense.

By cycloon
A statue of the first black woman MP would be far more worthy than some of those targeted for removal.

She might not have performed brilliantly at times and been part of the general Corbyn malaise, but she has done and represents a considerable amount.
Arrowhead liked this

By Abernathy
Yes, becoming the UK's first black woman MP is a significant achievement, but I'm frankly dubious at best as to whether it warrants the erection of a statue, particularly while the subject still walks among us.

But are we really going to erect statues just for being the first at something or other?

Because as far as I can see, aside from that, and I presume serving her Hackney constituents well enough for 33 years, I'm at a loss as to what else of any significance she has achieved at all. I'm not counting being the worst Shadow Home Secretary in living memory.
oboogie liked this

By oboogie
Thatcher and Mandela were both still alive when their statutes were unveiled as were 75% of The Beatles when theirs was.

Then there's this lot
https://londonist.com/london/best-of-lo ... -in-london
Attachments
G9R1KD.jpg
G9R1KD.jpg (227.42 KiB) Viewed 1367 times
8f7506d64729b78cee2f25824c7d9fcb.jpg
8f7506d64729b78cee2f25824c7d9fcb.jpg (26.07 KiB) Viewed 1367 times
World-Famous-Singer-Band-Beatles-Statue-in-Liverpool-Life-Size-Bronze-Statue-Replica-Design-for-Decor-for-Sale-BOKK-580.jpg
World-Famous-Singer-Band-Beatles-Statue-in-Liverpool-Life-Size-Bronze-Statue-Replica-Design-for-Decor-for-Sale-BOKK-580.jpg (89.2 KiB) Viewed 1367 times
The Trump Presidency

Adolph is an eccentric and frequently horribly of[…]

The Tories, Generally

Scum is too good for them.

Marina Hyde - woman of fire

Only this government could miss the open goal of […]

US election 2020

Good stuff here about the implications of down bal[…]