Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 37.7 % ❤ 2.3 % :thumbsup: 16.2 % 😯 3.8 % :grinning: 29.2 % 🧥 3.8 % 🙏 4.6 % 😟 1.5 % :cry: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
“Oh no, Starmer might have got donations from people across the broad church of the Labour Party, including from people we don’t like as well as people we do - whereas lovely Becky only gets donations from a small subset” isn’t the winning fact they think it is.
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:08 pm
“Oh no, Starmer might have got donations from people across the broad church of the Labour Party, including from people we don’t like as well as people we do - whereas lovely Becky only gets donations from a small subset” isn’t the winning fact they think it is.
"...to my satisfaction..."
Boiler liked this
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:23 pm
The object is to find one they don't like and make out that this one donor will somehow count for more than all the others. Especially if they're "Zionist".
The absurdity of them searching for the ‘bad donor’ in a desperate bid to counteract the fact they just have bad candidates.
lord_kobel, mattomac liked this

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
I've just been told that Starmer's donors list is incomplete because he hasn't declared what he got from Tony Blair and the Israeli government. I've reported it to Compliance. I see it has now disappeared.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:15 pm
See Bernie. Or Brexit.
Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:10 am
Maybe the thing that people donating £10,000 who can afford to donate £10,000 want in return is someone competent?
The union that donated £200,000 doesn't.
I've always treated union donations as different because they want stuff like better working rights for all. But in the case of Unite, one might infer they want more Sqawkbox and pissing about.

The £100,000 guy looks like a decent sort from what I can see.
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:20 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:23 pm
The object is to find one they don't like and make out that this one donor will somehow count for more than all the others. Especially if they're "Zionist".
The absurdity of them searching for the ‘bad donor’ in a desperate bid to counteract the fact they just have bad candidates.
The "bad donor" need not be particularly bad overall. They just need "links" to something they don't like. So somebody who works with green energy and fracking is a bad donor, because the green energy is less important than the fracking, and this will definitely outweigh all the other donors who dont want fracking.

Funnily enough, Unite isn't a bad donor even though it supports nukes and airport expansion...
Dominic Raab

A friend of mine Steve Day just posted this on Fac[…]

Roll Call

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fltlECfjVvU/T_ChlaHJWQI[…]

The Sun

Four years ago it was "They're after more […]

Sir Keir Starmer

I"m sure there will be those who will now say[…]