Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 37.7 % ❤ 2.3 % :thumbsup: 16.2 % 😯 3.8 % :grinning: 29.2 % 🧥 3.8 % 🙏 4.6 % 😟 1.5 % :cry: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Yeah I saw someone post "Who is Latham and why has he donated 100k"

Which I replied he seems like a well liked and competent barrister who fought Legal Aid reform, it took me all of 2 minutes on google.

Former head of the CPS knows lots of barristers who have lots of money.....SHOCK HORROR
Tubby Isaacs liked this
davidjay wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:21 pm
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:10 am
Maybe the thing that people donating £10,000 who can afford to donate £10,000 want in return is someone competent?
The union that donated £200,000 doesn't.
The union might. The leader of it has his own agenda.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:01 pm
The "bad donor" need not be particularly bad overall. They just need "links" to something they don't like. So somebody who works with green energy and fracking is a bad donor, because the green energy is less important than the fracking, and this will definitely outweigh all the other donors who dont want fracking.

Funnily enough, Unite isn't a bad donor even though it supports nukes and airport expansion...
True. It's not about finding a reason not to support Starmer (or whoever), but to justify the position they were going to take regardless now, and to further justify not supporting and undermining the same person in the future if they win.

It's priming of the shit pumps, ready to offer no support in opposition or (hopefully) in office. And in that respect, in Corbyn they have the master of sour grapes and undermining ready to teach them all he knows.
oboogie, Timbo liked this
I don't know how Jez will play it. He's made an arse of himself by putting himself forward for Shadow Foreign Secretary but now he's been leader, maybe he sees himself ahaving a more constructive role with the (new) leadership. I'd be surprised if he wanted to be the spectre at the feast, blathering "Do not undo what I have done", like Mrs Thatcher with John Major.

I don't know what the wider Jezite community will do with Starmer in the future. A few of them walking out would be extremely helpful.
oboogie, Timbo liked this
Surely you can't devolve immigration policy that much? After all, it can't be about letting people in in the first place as you can't stop people arriving in one part of the country then going somewhere else.
mattomac, Tubby Isaacs liked this
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:52 pm
Indeed. This is a nonsense proposal from Nandy.

Apart from farms in the Fens immigrants don't generally go to places where they don't want immigrants. There aren't a lot of well paid labour shortages in Clacton or Stoke.

By Boiler
I just had a phone call which I was unable to answer; upon calling it, I was treated to a recorded message from Keir Starmer.

I don't recall allowing my phone number to be used in this way when I joined the Labour Party?
youngian wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:47 pm

Apart from farms in the Fens immigrants don't generally go to places where they don't want immigrants. There aren't a lot of well paid labour shortages in Clacton or Stoke.
That's freedom of movement working already. I'd rather defend that than pander to people who think it isn't. As Chaminda Jayanetti says, the sort of places they don't want immigrants will go apeshit about being overruled by "Cambridge" or "Manchester", even if there aren't many immigrants at all.

By Boiler
Following on from that piece:

https://www.politics.co.uk/comment-anal ... -our-times

Hopefully not meeting the same fate as Mr. Smith. :(

ETA: like the new .sig, BBN - from the man on the bonnet of a Prius :lol:
bluebellnutter liked this
Roll Call

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fltlECfjVvU/T_ChlaHJWQI[…]

The Sun

Four years ago it was "They're after more […]

Dominic Raab

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/04/07/12/141671[…]