Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 37.7 % ❤ 2.3 % :thumbsup: 16.2 % 😯 3.8 % :grinning: 29.2 % 🧥 3.8 % 🙏 4.6 % 😟 1.5 % :cry: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Good to see grown-ups back in charge.

Starmer has the luxury of a few months to "play himself in" (to borrow a cricketing term).

A couple of months ago I had low expectations of a Starmer leadership flying due to having a terrible local election result millstone around his neck. “Events Dear Boy.”
mattomac liked this

By Boiler
davidjay wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:21 pm
[...] we noobs owe such a debt of gratitude to the likes of Malcom and Abers (apologies to other lomg-standing members I've left out)
I'm thinking of TWA, whom I hope is well and celebrating...
Cyclist liked this
davidjay wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:21 pm
I know it's only Twitter, but the absolute fucking slaughtering Momentum are getting is the most heatening thing I've read for a long while. There are so many more of us than I thought, and we noobs owe such a debt of gratitude to the likes of Malcom and Abers (apologies to other lomg-standing members I've left out) who kept going in the face of such opposition, provocation and downright stupidity to emerge triumphant. We've won one small battle; there are much bigger ones to come but I feel that we might, just possibly, be on a roll from now on.

I’ve been reading a tirade of bile towards Starmer from CorbynBots, Brexiters, antisemites, nativists, Tories, Trump nuts. This is heartening.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:19 pm
I would love one of the purged antisemites to be Jezz.
I'm not so sure. I'd like to see him staying, alone and shouting at the moon, rather than gone and a martyr.
Boiler wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:04 pm
Heartened in a "he's got the cunts rattled" kind of way?
Have a go at being a cynical Tory strategist in this crisis, I can’t see an attack angle for them if Johnson loses authority. Sir Keir doesn’t indulge in petty party politics in a time of crisis.

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:40 pm
Reports that Owen Jones is suffering from whiplash after a violent u-turn.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... s-the-left
Little prick.
I'm seeing the lesser lights of Momentum Tweeting that they can't support Starmer because he has a knighthood...

Please - every time you see a Momentumite promising to leave , Tweet back and say how pleased you'll be to see them go. You don't have to be polite. Remember how they treated the rest of the party.

Also - has anyone heard from the Grey Lansman?*

*Obscure sci-fi reference.
youngian wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:58 pm
Gravitating towards a winner is human nature.
Are you saying Corbynites aren't human?
youngian liked this

By Boiler
No need to pinch yourself, TWA - it really has.

I know there's concern amongst some about the loss of members ideologically opposed to Starmer, but I'd wager there's a lot of potential members out there waiting to see what happened in the leadership election before joining or indeed, rejoining. I hope so.
The Trump Presidency

Adolph is an eccentric and frequently horribly of[…]

The Tories, Generally

Scum is too good for them.

Marina Hyde - woman of fire

Only this government could miss the open goal of […]

US election 2020

Good stuff here about the implications of down bal[…]