Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 37.7 % ❤ 2.3 % :thumbsup: 16.2 % 😯 3.8 % :grinning: 29.2 % 🧥 3.8 % 🙏 4.6 % 😟 1.5 % :cry: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:33 am
I do wish people would learn to spell 'Keir' properly...
As the Irish spelling is probably as common as the Scottish, I can just about tolerate that misspelling.
For now at least.

However I had my first sighting of "Keer" this morning on Facebook - that's a bloody Indian rice pudding*.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

*never had it, sounds nice.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:19 pm
I think Keir Hardie was pretty certain it was the Scots spelling...
Obviously, but Keir Hardie isn't the one misspelling Starmer's name.
I see on that Twitter thread people are saying the CPS rejected it on the grounds of insufficient evidence. Which means exactly what it says. The CPS always weigh up the balance of probability of gaining a conviction based on the evidence provided. In the case of someone of Savile's standing, that evidence would have to be cast-iron and watertight, or the defence lawyers of the calibre Savile could afford to employ would just rip it to bits. Plus, of course, at that time Savile was still regarded as a national treasure, so the evidence would have to be pretty compelling to sway a probably sympathetic jury.

It's the same with every case referred to the CPS. If the evidence isn't up to snuff the prosecution doesn't go ahead.
Tubby Isaacs, Oblomov liked this
I'm starting to think that what this planet needs is a damn good plag... Oh.

Come, friendly asteroid, fall on Earth.
Make it ready for the ants' rebirth
Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

Good thread to read on Corbyn's motivation: https[…]

The Biased BBC

If any of the staff they're blocking from going […]

The Tories, Generally

http://smileys.smilchat.net/smiley/grumpy/malade/[…]

Shaun Bailey

I noticed the Watford MP who Bailey tags hadn't re[…]