•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:If I were a Scot that would certainly be my position.
For voting purposes, I believe I still am. And it is.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
The economy, currency, trade and borders with England are still big hurdles to independence but Scotland may well be buggered in the short term either way. Indyref2 may well be about where the country sees itself in a decade; A grown-up member of the European family of nations or sailing off with Captain Boris to Bongo Land on HMS Brexit.

Some in Labour are swaying towards indy as well
A Scottish Labour MEP has called for his party and the SNP to begin working towards agreeing a coalition deal at the next Holyrood election.

David Martin, who has served in the European Parliament since 1984, said such a deal will be viewed as "unthinkable" to many voters but both sides can work together.

The SNP currently govern the country as a minority administration, meaning they have to win support from opposition parties to pass individual pieces of legislation.

A spokesman for the SNP said: "While we are always open to cooperating with other parties based on shared values, Labour remain obsessed with attacking the SNP instead of standing up to the Tories and their disastrous plans for an extreme Brexit." https://stv.tv/news/politics/1397845-la ... -holyrood/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
For voting purposes, I believe I still am. And it is.
And a properly federal British Isles.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
I would be mine as well. I would want to be part of Europe than tied to Brexit Britain.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Posts
I can genuinely see Scotland becoming a life-raft for many in England wanting to avoid Brexit.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:I can genuinely see Scotland becoming a life-raft for many in England wanting to avoid Brexit.
It very much looks as through DD, BJ and their Cronies will drag Scotland along to share their disaster.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Let Tommy Sheppard organise the comedy in future
The Paisley and Renfrewshire South MP Mhairi Black pokes fun at the prime minister by faking a cough. Speaking at the Scottish National party conference on Tuesday, Black says she is ‘still suffering from a bit of a cough, but that the sign behind her ‘is quite sturdy’

Nicola Sturgeon has taken to the stage at SNP conference holding a box of Strepsils. "I've come prepared!"

By davidjay
Membership Days Posts
It might have been funny a week ago.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Polls show a decent fightback against the one-woman-one-trick Tory party. But probably still losing support to Labour.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Yes, very clearly in their almost universally wh[…]

SPOTY

Yeah...the Mailites are really not happy! Supe[…]

Europe? And the Future of Britain in Europe

Do a lot of the daft gits who voted leave know tha[…]

Question Time

As if to prove your point... https://twitter.[…]