•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Yes, they're up for a fight and some camaraderie and a desperate sense of inclusion. But on the other hand the height of their wit is kicking someone's head in for a laugh. Fuck 'em.
Marching lad Greg filled me in
This all sounds a bit Alan Partridge: “The political correctness has gone too far. We’ve lost our freedom of speech. I’m not allowed to say anything anymore,” former soldier Phil Campion said from the platform.

Gregg Waldron
It's not Alan Partridge at all. If anyone says anything against muslims or women or anyone outside of their demographic they tend to get shot down. I look at so many things that get complained about and wonder why people get so offended. I think people are hoping to be offended by things these days.
MisterMuncher wrote:Is this an appropriate point to opine that the military isn't exactly a brain trust, and constant Our Heroes rhetoric has elevated some dangerously thick people to a level of attention and respect they really don't warrant?
It's always appropriate to point that out.

cf Squaddies retraining as teachers. Total = 4.
The military's the only institution to avoid falling into irrelevance or the taint of major scandal (Deepcut and so on are packaged as one bad apple stories). This is largely due to the simplistic narrative put about by media types who grew up in the shadow of actual veterans, and who cream themselves for soldiers, and who think their audience come screaming "SAS!".
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
MisterMuncher wrote:Is this an appropriate point to opine that the military isn't exactly a brain trust, and constant Our Heroes rhetoric has elevated some dangerously thick people to a level of attention and respect they really don't warrant?
It's always appropriate to point that out.

cf Squaddies retraining as teachers. Total = 4.
Were any not PE teachers?
The confusing clusterfuck that Farage, Yaxley-Lennon and Hopkins would imflict on our police

Man in shark head costume falls foul of Austria anti-veil law

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41559196

Also - Halloween is just around the corner:

Bones McCoy wrote:The confusing clusterfuck that Farage, Yaxley-Lennon and Hopkins would imflict on our police

Man in shark head costume falls foul of Austria anti-veil law

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41559196

Also - Halloween is just around the corner:

And of course, a little closed to home

[youtube]TQRg7wH_FC0[/youtube]
Jeremy Corbyn.

Try and come up with a more original response.

UKIP

To be fair, Corbynites probably also regard them a[…]

The Times

Brainy Brits come out for Brexit Let me guess[…]

Higher Education

Another disastrous idea in the offing: May warns[…]