•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Would you vote for the LibDems again next time around?

Yes
7%
No
61%
Probably
7%
Probably not
24%

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I understand Swinson declined to stand for Lib Dem leader, possibly because she regarded the post at the current time as, to quote LBJ on the post of VPOTUS, "not worth a pitcher of warm piss".

She was probably right.

As to why Humphrys is still there, fuck knows.

By bluebellnutter
He's there because I imagine it'd be too difficult to get rid of him. Plus the BBC has dispensed with older male newsreaders before now (Sissons / Buerk) and they won straight to the welcoming arms of the Mail screaming "Lefties want to silence me as a middle aged white man". Humphrys you can add Brexit to his gripe.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Congrats to Vince Cable for causing so many Brexiteers to lose their shit.

Last night's radio phone-in was quite a hoot.
Every "Diskusted of Grate Brittan" caller quoted a couple of verses form the Dacre playbook before knee-jerking into "The country is being overrun".
youngian, spoonman liked this

By bluebellnutter
Brexiters are happy enough to label everyone who disagrees with them traitors and enemies of the people. Don't see any reason not to fight fire with fire.

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts

And where was Tim Farron? He was busy talking about gay sex, for a change

Vince was also not present. Vince Cable, leader of the lib dems. A party whose manifesto just reads #FBPE

By lord_kobel
Membership Days Posts
Catkins wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:26 pm
I don't see how Farron can say Labour made mistakes as well. The very few Labour absentees - a couple are ill , a couple have just given birth - were paired as fair as I know.
Apart for the four who voted for it? Also apparently:

By Catkins
Membership Days Posts
Apart for the four who voted for it?
Yeah, I think I've subconsciously given up thinking of Hoey, Field et al as Labour MPs. There were a few Labour MPs called out on twitter as being absent, but it turned out they were paired. Cat Smith and Laura Pidcock were paired as they'd just given birth, Debbie Abrahams because she was in hospital. Karen Buck and Lindsay Hoyle were present but not voting for technical reasons (being tellers, Deputy Speaker etc). Nothing Labour did was comparable with Farron missing the vote to chat to Christians about bumsex.

Edit: Just saw the Swinson comment. I vaguely remember John Major's government pulling the same stunt at the very end.
Last edited by Catkins on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Winegums wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:08 pm

And where was Tim Farron? He was busy talking about gay sex, for a change
So Farron decides to be a big boy by taking responsibility and then spreads the blame in the same sentence. Although the buck stops with Cable if he can't rally his own troops on a crucial Brexit vote.
bluebellnutter wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:05 pm

Leadsom really is thick as two short ones if she thinks that little stunt won't have repercussions. Not often you see a Lib Dem blow their top I bet its not a pretty sight when they do.

https://twitter.com/BBCkatyaadler/status/106338951[…]

Ed Miliband

https://twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/10634022350[…]

The Sun

And there are plenty of cases where no-one dare as[…]

Jess Phillips

She has a right to speak her mind like every Labou[…]