•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
As an aside going south of the border, Fa**ge's attempts at helping spark off an "Irexit" movement can only be reasonably described as a major fail! :lol:
Brexit: Support for Ireland staying in the EU hits record high of 92%, latest poll shows

Support for Ireland remaining in the European Union has reached near-unanimous levels in the Republic, with a solution to the Brexit border problem looking further off than ever.

A full 92 per cent of the Irish population now support staying in the EU, according to a new survey by pollsters Red C, with just 7 per cent supporting a theoretical “Irexit” and 1 per cent saying they don’t know.

The findings are likely to disappoint Brexiteers, some of whom have suggested Ireland might follow Britain’s march towards the exit door – and that Irish departure could be a way of solving the border question currently plaguing Brexit talks.

On the contrary, findings appear to show the experience of the Brexit process has further strengthened pro-EU sentiment in Ireland.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 40941.html
(Warning: Autoplay video)

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Something in the news about Vote Leave found guilty of spending violations during the referendum.

Punishment sounds like "Pay it back and we'll say no more".

I'm not convinced that's what the honorable folks who enshrined the representation of the people act had in mind.

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
spoonman wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:16 pm

I really don't know what to think should both of them become DUP members. On one point it makes Fa**ge look absolutely desperate in his attempt to become an MP (though who'd be willing to stand aside would be another question). On another it could do a lot of damage to the DUP by allowing in a couple of carpet-baggers, either of whom have no intrinsic link to Northern Ireland.
Ah, dare to dream. Sammy's probably past it, his physical appears to be meeting his mental decline. Ermine and leather benches beckon. Could Farage win East Antrim? I really don't know. There's be a fucking sight fewer J-town students voting back down at mammies, for sure*.

Irexit is a funny one. It's oft mooted (alongside "Ireland could join the commonwealth") by complete gobshites who just can't grasp the idea that Ireland isn't theirs any more, and really, in the main, gives not two tugs of a dead dog's cock how that makes said gobshites feel. An acquaintance once summed this up as a subset of Post-Colonial Angst, a kind of half-arsed paternalism gone a bit Manson. Personally, I'm inclined to place it top-right on axes of "Haven't adjusted mindset since 1600-odd" and "They should be fucking grateful we civilized them".

(*That is to say, m'lud, that the students in attendance at Jordanstown Campus, University of Ulster, which is in Sammy Wilson's present constituency of East Antrim, generally vote "back home" at their parent's address. I can't imagine other parties would ignore this bloc of younger, more liberal, less Brexit-y voters, and encourage more registrations from term-time addresses.)
Malcolm Armsteen liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
I rise, briefly, from my bed of sickness to find myself in the presence of a true son of Synge...

Your political point is also well made. Are the Irish less aware of the gobshite nature of the Farage than the English who have rejected him so many times then? Or do the orange really vote for monkeys on sticks?

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
MisterMuncher wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 1:48 am

Ah, dare to dream. Sammy's probably past it, his physical appears to be meeting his mental decline. Ermine and leather benches beckon. Could Farage win East Antrim? I really don't know. There's be a fucking sight fewer J-town students voting back down at mammies, for sure*.
The main problem you'd have is that most Jordanstown students don't reside in East Antrim during term time, but rather South Belfast. Even with the amount of students left that live near the campus* I'd seriously doubt there would be anywhere near enough to help contribute to an "anyone but Fa**ge" candidate especially when you look at nude Sammy's recent election wins. Doesn't help that East Antrim is a constituency that is the most likely in NI to have affinity in associating with UKIP and Brexshit wankstains.

In saying all that, there's no reports coming out of Ballymena confirming that the carpetbagging has taken place. So that bullet might have been dodged.

*Ex UUJ student here. Up the Poly! :mrgreen:

By bluebellnutter
He's become a victim of the market he created. When he started shouty angry right-wing talking heads weren't common, so he created a niche. Now the "ranting gammon" demographic is swamped with entrants and he can barely get a look in.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 11:38 am
Watchman wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 11:22 am
Well he should get a fucking job then!
Highly-remunerated opportunities for thick, lazy cunts are minimal (tending towards zero) these days.
Katie Hopkins has hoovered up most of that work.

By bluebellnutter
It seems like yon Nigel has managed to get quite the journalistic scoop...

"Arron, do you agree all these allegations have been made up by Remoaners who need to get over it?"
"Yes Nigel."
"Great, and are they all just bitter snowflakes?"
"Almost certainly."
"Thanks Arron, let's get the latest travel news and see whether those customs queues at Dover have reached Aberdeen like Project Fear said."
Jeremy Corbyn.

A personality cult around someone with no personal[…]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

This is what pisses me off the most. Corbyn will s[…]

McDonald's ads are indees the pits. Often cloyin[…]

Tatchell has been very critical of Corbyn. Ah[…]