•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
Winegums wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:43 am
Entire article of fluff. No vision, no ideas. Are lib dems actually getting riled up by this?
Not particularly, but I'd rather her than the other guy. What we really need is another Charlie Kennedy who can win back some of Scotland from the Braveheart brigade (minus the boozing, obviously).
Arrowhead liked this

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Timbo wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:04 am
Not particularly, but I'd rather her than the other guy. What we really need is another Charlie Kennedy who can win back some of Scotland from the Braveheart brigade (minus the boozing, obviously).
Good point. The LD’s had, I believe, as many as eleven Scottish MP’s before their 2015 meltdown. Swinson might help them win a few back, but it’ll be a huge uphill struggle. They actually contrived to lose their deposit in Michael Moore’s old seat last time round, which was quite an achievement.

By Snowflake
Just the one moderated comment so far: :mrgreen:

Yes! Fantastic news. Jo is the woman to break the LabCon monopoly which has plagued British politics for the past 100 or so years. Jo Swinson 4 PM.

ReplyNew Comment
68 332 Rated

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:33 pm
Landslide.

They need to move away from the Coalition era cuts rather rapidly. Going to be hard to vote for them if they don't.
https://leftfootforward.org/2019/06/lib ... ne-it-too/
When asked “do you accept that austerity was the wrong economic policy in 2010”, Jo Swinson and Ed Davey – who were both ministers in the Coalition government – said they did not accept that.

Davey said that in 2010, following the banking bail-out, the government was borrowing £400m a day and so spending had to be “reined-in”.
thats a big yikes from me chief.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Winegums wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:30 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:33 pm
Landslide.

They need to move away from the Coalition era cuts rather rapidly. Going to be hard to vote for them if they don't.
https://leftfootforward.org/2019/06/lib ... ne-it-too/
When asked “do you accept that austerity was the wrong economic policy in 2010”, Jo Swinson and Ed Davey – who were both ministers in the Coalition government – said they did not accept that.

Davey said that in 2010, following the banking bail-out, the government was borrowing £400m a day and so spending had to be “reined-in”.
thats a big yikes from me chief.
That's fair comment. I can just about live with "it was right in 2010, sort of, but no more". It wasn't right in 2010, of course.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
On the other hand, this from 2017 was better than Labour.

Sad to say most voters have never met desperate benefit claimants who themselves don’t vote in great numbers. But Labour know that hence their Blairite triangulation in the 2017 manifesto to stick to Tory spending limits. Rather cowardly politics but benefits aren’t a battleground issue.
Poppy Day bingo

It's even worse if you see the hashtags on their o[…]

2019 General Election

Now that would be a nice one. This wasn't encour[…]

UKIP

https://twitter.com/Rubbertoes10/status/1194016112[…]

Nigel Farage

Shocking nobody, I should think: Nigel Farage […]