By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Boiler wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:47 pm
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:50 pm
Biggus Robbus wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:29 pm
You damn British talking about your bedroom habits while I am here fucking this feral hog.

You tell me who has the better life?
I guess that depends whether your state is one of those "farmboy friendly" ones.
It used to be the case that oral sex was illegal in the state of Georgia in the 1990s... dunno if it still is?
Isn't that where even the devil "went down".

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Interesting Tweet from Andrew Adonis™ (a man about whom, as you all know, I have Opinions)

Which seems to refer to one of the plans for New Labour in 1997, to amalgamate the Labour Party and the Liberals, healing the split of 1906 and unifying the 'progressive centre left' against the Tories.

The Labour landslide, Paddy Ashdown and John Prescott, among others, put paid to that. Is it coming back? It's certainly an answer, though whether or not it's the answer is moot.
Last edited by Malcolm Armsteen on Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Boiler
Posts LikeBB
Bones McCoy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:40 am
Boiler wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:47 pm
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:50 pm

I guess that depends whether your state is one of those "farmboy friendly" ones.
It used to be the case that oral sex was illegal in the state of Georgia in the 1990s... dunno if it still is?
Isn't that where even the devil "went down".
To. Not 'on'.
Last edited by Boiler on Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Boiler
Posts LikeBB
Abernathy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:47 am
Introducing PR could ensure that wankers like Johnson, Patel, IDS and the like never get near government again. On that basis, I'm in.
Parties talk positively about PR until they get into power, at which point it becomes A Bad Thing Which Leads To Deadlock.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:44 am
Interesting Tweet from Andrew Adonis™ (a man about whom, as you all know, I have Opinions)

Which seems to refer to one of the plans for New Labour in 1997, to amalgamate the Labour Party and the Liberals, healing the split of 1906 and unifying the 'progressive centre left' against the Tories.

The Labour landslide, Paddy Ashdown and John Prescott, among others, put paid to that. Is it coming back? It's certainly an answer, though whether or not it's the answer is moot.
I think the idea of full reamalgamation is just not something either side goes with, but as I've said elsewhere on here recently they'd be absolutely bloody mad not to sit down together and talk more seriously about electoral pacts. Labour cannot win without the Lib Dems taking some seats off the Tories, it's that simple.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
2010 is a bit of an exception, but that's right generally. FPTP can work pretty brutally against the Tories if they become unpopular. It's why Labour won a handy majority in 2005 with a moderate votes share. Tell people "vote Kennedy, get Blair" , lots of them reply "OK then!"
Timbo liked this

By Bones McCoy
Abernathy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:47 am
Introducing PR could ensure that wankers like Johnson, Patel, IDS and the like never get near government again. On that basis, I'm in.
And on that basis it will never be allowed to happen.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:56 pm
2010 is a bit of an exception, but that's right generally. FPTP can work pretty brutally against the Tories if they become unpopular. It's why Labour won a handy majority in 2005 with a moderate votes share. Tell people "vote Kennedy, get Blair" , lots of them reply "OK then!"
I'm hoping next time Labour get in, it will realise that the way to genuinely change Britain for ever is to get rid of FPTP. It would effectively mean the Tories would never be in government in majority again, and even if they're in a coalition they would be tempered. If the Corbyn disaster has done one thing, I hope it's made it clear that Labour needs all its votes to count, not just the ones in marginals.
Boiler, Tubby Isaacs liked this

By youngian
The Brexit/Remain (Tory/BXP Vs Lab, LD, nats, Grn) demographic is changing at one per cent per year which accounts for the 52-48 polling in favour of Remain rather than a swing in opinion. Unless people become Alf Garnet when they hit 60 (they don't) that will be 57-43 by 2025 even if Labour make no progress which is unlikely. But will that be reflected under FPTP? Over representation of Labour in urban councils is growing as well so FPTP doesn't benefit the Tory voters in those seats. Stability and moderation were the main arguments for FPTP until incompetent nutjobs and zealots captured the two main parties.
Arrowhead liked this

By Boiler
Posts LikeBB
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:19 am
I'm hoping next time Labour get in, it will realise that the way to genuinely change Britain for ever is to get rid of FPTP.
And do it unilaterally - no votes in the House if possible, and especially NO FUCKING REFERENDUMS.

(If they ban referendums too I'll be happy. Attlee and Thatcher were right about those.)

By youngian
I have no idea who Daisy Cooper is but I’d still vote for her over Ed Davey due to being more memorable. Sir Ed is probably best known as the bloke who lost an election to Jo Swinson.
Ed Davey is on course to win the looming Liberal Democrat leadership election, a YouGov poll for the Economic and Social Research Council-funded Party Members Project, run out of the University of Sussex and Queen Mary University has found.

YouGov asked members to choose between a field of Ed Davey, Layla Moran and Daisy Cooper, the new MP for St Albans, all of whom are widely tipped to stand. In that field, Davey wins outright in the first round, with 52 per cent of the vote against Moran’s 24 per cent and Cooper’s 9 per cent. https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/u ... rship-race
The article argues Davey ”has a major advantage over the rest of the candidates in that as acting leader he has a greater opportunity to showcase his abilities.”
Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

He went unchallenged because he either had to win[…]

HMS? Surely the most it could qualify for is MV[…]

Toby Young

AdoIph seeks Eva

The Tories, Generally

Sadly, he probably knows a lot more about northe[…]