•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Davey by all accounts did well in the Coalition with his climate change stuff. He'd at least have had this to fight back against criticism of the Coalition, which Swinson didn't. He's not very memorable though. I reckon he'd be like David Davis in 2005. As soon as somebody else got a profile, he'd melt away.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Layla Moran is more of a people politician than bloc graph Davey. She won 53% of the vote in a seat she snatched off the Tories two years previously. She must be doing something right as appearing on telly doesn't guarantee you popularity. Richard Burgon is on far more. Bit of a wild card but what do the LDs have to lose throwing the dice?

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
The thought I had; can I really see just Labour on its own being enough to overtthrow the current Government, I just feel it needs everyone "on the other side" to have some united front

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:12 pm
I'd wager you a shiny new five pound note that we will see the return of the death penalty before the end of this Parliament.
That would be the cherry on the cake for Britain’s drift to pariah status. We would join Belarus in withdrawing from the ECHR so the law and offender brigade could wave goodbye to extradition. Costa Del Crime would begin in Calais.

By Tubby Isaacs
Watchman wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:07 pm
The thought I had; can I really see just Labour on its own being enough to overtthrow the current Government, I just feel it needs everyone "on the other side" to have some united front
They just need a core of objectives and stuff they oppose. They can have different emphases and means to these ends- I'd expect the Lib Dems would be more competition-orientated- but that doesn't particularly matter. Voters will back whichever one of the two is better placed.

This could have worked in the run up to Brexit if Jez and Jo hadn't been so keen to do the opposite.

By Tubby Isaacs
youngian wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:27 pm
Boiler wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:12 pm
I'd wager you a shiny new five pound note that we will see the return of the death penalty before the end of this Parliament.
That would be the cherry on the cake for Britain’s drift to pariah status. We would join Belarus in withdrawing from the ECHR so the law and offender brigade could wave goodbye to extradition. Costa Del Crime would begin in Calais.
"The people you talk about have done nothing wrong, Monsieur. On the contrary they are valued citizens here etc"

By Arrowhead
May 2019 versus May 2020:

It must've been around this time last year that the Tories even managed to lose control of Cotswold District Council, which was pretty much when I assumed their goose was well & truly cooked. Staggering to think what has happened since.

By Tubby Isaacs
There was a big fraud scandal in Cotswold a few years ago over a water park exposed by a Lib Dem councillor. So the dynamics there might be a bit different to what one might expect.

But yeah, hard to believe that the Lib Dems led a year ago.
Arrowhead liked this

Philip Hammond might have some good memoirs in[…]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

But we're talking about him personally, and he w[…]

The Tories, Generally

PC Plod thinks all people in Yorkshire are white a[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

This refugee crisis is a European wide problem not[…]