Discussion of other UK political parties
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Big Rob
Abernathy wrote:How anybody can get worked up enough about it to come out with shite like "if they don't like our ways they don't have to live here" or even the hang 'em shit is just beyond me.
British Freedom party twenty point plan wrote:1. Introduce a US style First Amendment guaranteeing Free Speech.
The US first amendment allows its citizens to burn the US flag (even though the US right wing want to introduce an amendment to stop this).

So the British Freedom party appear to actually oppose a free speech amendment unless, like US fucktards, it only hypocritically defends the rights of one side in an argument.

The BFF should have no problem with poppy burning.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Big Rob wrote: So the British Freedom party appear to actually oppose a free speech amendment unless, like US fucktards, it only hypocritically defends the rights of one side in an argument.
Isn't that always the way though? The people who shout loudest about freedom of speech are the same ones who call for the banning of anyone who says stuff they don't like.
By Big Rob
Of course. If you set a standard then you must apply it to all people equally otherwise it is a double standard. If you preach it and don't apply it then you are a hypocrite.

My guess is hypocrisy as this is consistent with the fucktards who make up the modern right wing.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
The utter nerve of these cunts is breathtaking.

Here they co-opt Pastor Niemöller to their own distorted ends.
[youtube]Z6mgJE-9dXk[/youtube]

I'm listening to a play on Radio4 about Thomas Paine as I type this and wondering how it is that we seem to have made so little progress since the eighteenth century.
Last edited by oboogie on Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Interested in Thomas Paine?

Try the following from Cracked:
Thomas Paine

Misunderstood By:

Libertarians, Glenn Beck.

Glenn Beck has recently found a soul mate in Thomas Paine, the Founding Father known for his Revolutionary War tract Common Sense. So much so that he's gone so far as to rewrite Common Sense for the modern era, essentially stuffing words hand over fist into the mouth of a centuries-dead political philosopher for the soul-shriveling disgust Beck knows Paine would feel about Barack Obama.

Libertarians and tea partiers are so enamored by their new ideological BFF that they've taken to dressing up like him on YouTube and spouting off about the evils of taxation, weak foreign policy and too many brown people.

But Beck and his minions could probably benefit from actually reading some Thomas Paine. The guy whose 17th century ghost waxes emotional about 9/11 and congressional pay raises on the Internet is also responsible for these ideas:

"Pay as a remission of taxes to every poor family, out of the surplus taxes, and in room of poor-rates, four pounds a year for every child under fourteen years of age." Thomas Paine, The Rights of Man.

Huh, that sounds like the child tax credit created under the Balanced Budget Act of 1997, signed by [Bill Clinton]

"It is painful to see old age working itself to death, in what are called civilised countries, for daily bread... pay to every such person of the age of fifty years ... the sum of six pounds per annum out of the surplus taxes, and ten pounds per annum during life after the age of sixty... This support, as already remarked, is not of the nature of a charity but of a right." Thomas Paine, The Rights of Man.

An entitlement paying old people to support them for not working? That sounds like Social Security, passed by [FDR]

"There could be no such thing as landed property originally. Man did not make the earth, and, though he had a natural right to occupy it, he had no right to locate as his property in perpetuity any part of it." Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice.

It almost sounds like he's about to say we should all share in the wealth or somethi-

"Create a national fund, out of which there shall be paid to every person, when arrived at the age of twenty-one years, the sum of fifteen pounds sterling, as a compensation in part, for the loss of his or her natural inheritance, by the introduction of the system of landed property." Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice.

Holy shit! That sounds a lot like [COMMUNISM!]

Read more: 8 Historic Symbols That Mean The Opposite of What You Think | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article_18606_8- ... z23uRpWs1V" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Killer Whale
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
oboogie wrote:The utter nerve of these cunts is breathtaking.

[youtube]Z6mgJE-9dXk[/youtube]

I'm listening to a play on Radio4 about Thomas Paine as I type this and wondering how it is that we seem to have made so little progress since the eighteenth century.
That sends a shiver of fear down my spine. Fucking hell. And not in the way they intended.
By Big Rob
oboogie wrote:The utter nerve of these cunts is breathtaking.

Oh and what a distortion it is.
My right to free speech.
Well as you make no mention of the right of others to free speech then we can assume you are not really talking about free speech as a common right for all.
My culture and my history.
No one can come for your history. That's just bonkers. As for British culture well that evolves and has evolved hopefully to the point where it can shrug of violating the rights of others.

Nothing to be proud of by having an empire is there? Not if you're decent....
My pride and my national identity and all the things that make me who I am.
Pride in what?

Your national identity? So the state is going to stop referring to as British then. That's bonkers.....

The last part of that statement is utterly stupid as is
My childrens' future.
Your childrens' future? What does that even mean?

So let's pretend that Britain is heading to be a Stalinist state. Typical trick of the nutjob right.

The biggest distortion is the use of the word 'my' throughout that little speech.

Look at the original wording of Pastor Niemoller's statement.
Pastor Niemoller wrote:First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me,
and there was no one left to speak out for me.
This statement clearly indicates that if you don't care about the serial violation of the rights of other groups, then one day your rights may be violated.
The BFP's nonsense is shitheadcentric. It is only concerned with the dubious claims that your own rights are being violated. It has no concern at all for other groups.
By Big Rob
The omission of the "and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a xxxx" and replacing it with "I said nothing" is the key.

Lets have a go.

First they came for my freedom to trample on the freedom of others. I said nothing.
Then they came for my racist white culture and history of dominating other races. I said nothing.
My Aryan pride my nationalistic hatred of subhuman races and all the things that make me think I am part of the master race. I still said nothing.
Then they came to convince my children I am a bit of a shit. But by then it was too late.....

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Big Rob wrote: The biggest distortion is the use of the word 'my' throughout that little speech.

Look at the original wording of Pastor Niemoller's statement.
Pastor Niemoller wrote:First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me,
and there was no one left to speak out for me.
This statement clearly indicates that if you don't care about the serial violation of the rights of other groups, then one day your rights may be violated.
The BFP's nonsense is shitheadcentric. It is only concerned with the dubious claims that your own rights are being violated. It has no concern at all for other groups.
I don't always agree with you Rob, but you're exactly right on this.

The BFP have turned Pastor Niemoller's original on it's head.
He was pointing out that those who persecute minorities are a threat to us all because eventually they'll get around to whatever group we belong to. It's therefore in our self-interest to stand together and oppose them, even when we are not (yet) directly threatened.

The narrator of the BFP text, on the other hand, is just having a self-pitying whine about (imagined) threats to himself. It's noticeable that he uses the first person singular throughout, so he doesn't even care about his Anglo-Saxon kamaráds.

How far would Hitler have got if he had talked only about himself rather than the Deutsche Volk?
When you point out to the anti-semites that hardcore right-wingers in power today virtually worship Israel, they tend to stumble. Same deal with worshipping the SS - real British patriots at the time were revulsed by that sh1t, and indeed, combated it so we wouldn't live under their tyranny.

Dirk Bogarde in The Night Porter (a film they seem to rate highly) was obviously a gay man etc.

Their whole world is full of ignorant half-truths and sometimes comic paradoxes.
The Brexit Party

Richard Tice is sueing Femi. Lance Foreman is on […]

He'd be worse because he's got a sense of himself […]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

It seems that establishing an independant process […]

Boris Johnson

Best summary I've seen today - https://twitter.c[…]